Senior Member User Gallery

Eyeballs are too big on all of them I guess ( I should do a shrink test at once ), I was always wondering how to determine how huge the eye balls should be. I've been struggling with getting the general eye size smaller too, because our eyes are very small in reality.

OMG. i've never really payed much attention to how the neck is, and it's definitly not straight down, even tho I believed so ^_^
    "It's never too late to learn a new skill" - Lex Luthor

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Default Beach Bar Characters

Here's my "cast" for my Beach Bar scene. I wanted some likeness between the characters, so the bikini girl and bartender is just a copy of the surfer's mesh. Right now they are basically just sketched out. I'm satisfied with the amount of detail on the surfer, i'll aim at that level for the other characters, but there's something with the hands that doesnt look right. It would be nice if someone could point out obvious fails in anatomy too, so I can have something to work with. And it'll sure help in future projects ^_^

BeachThumb.jpg

Beach PT.jpg

Hands, any suggestions, the thumb is the one i'm least satisfied with? I'll just keep studying at my own, and references and proportions charts I guess.

hands.jpg

And here's so far my Lab Experiment project has come, done alot in 3D Max, and learned alot that I didnt new. I keep looking at lab pictures on the net, but for some reason I have trouble finding new ideas for stuff to add around. I do believe I need to remove the Elo poster and add something else ( some kind of company commercial like you find around in half life games etc ), since apparently it's not all about him anymore, with these weird creatures bathing in formaldehyde ( last thing i did was making the glass more seethrough, like the one with the fetus, didnt have a full render of that tho ). Need to write nonsense on the periodic table too.

projectquaton.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	projectquaton.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	220175  

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Default Head Of Jzono

Havent been sculpting alot lately, just a few heads this month, not anything to show off. Kinda waiting for xmas, when i'm gonna buy myself a Wacom, and I got myself an electric violin. I've been playing around with for several hours a day, been little time for sculpting ^_^

JZ1Thumb.jpg

Not 3D related, but my violin, just had to show it off
    vio.jpg

Started working on this head in October, it started out as a joke, and suddenly I find myself sculpting Jzono, a dude that hangs around on forums on the internet. I tried to achieve some likness, but in the end i didnt really nail it as good as i wanted. ATM I havent done his glasses, working on them. Also doing a facial animation using morph targets. The animation is done, but motion blur adds alot of rendering time, too long, so I need to figure out if I can do the blur in some other way. Anyway, a little taste of him, rendered with different light settings, just fooling around trying out stuff in 3D Max and Photoshop:

JZP.jpg
    Last edited by VictorCS; 11-13-10 at 03:11 PM.

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

I like your violin. 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by EricShawn
    I like your violin. 5 stars.

I stated in the thread, "Not 3D related", just showing the cause of why i havent been sculpting lately. I bought a new instrument. ( photo shoot with Canon 450D )

Been spending some hours today trying to figure out how to make the hair&fur look good ( abusing both keyboard and desk in anger I guess ), in pics above I multiplyed the hairpass so it would look softer and thicker. But I cant do that with 500 frames.

Anyway, back to 3d max i guess, gonna try make it work

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Default Stone Wall With Grass Topping

Rendering out the facial animation test at 1280x720 right now, with my 4GB of ram, it goes out of memory pretty quick if I do much. Especially when playing with zbrush and other stuff aswell ^_^

StoneWallThumb.jpg

Just a very sketchy wall of stones with grass on top ( got stone inspiration from Sascha Henrichs's blog, so i had to try ).

StoneWall.jpg

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

I'm not sure about how to do video in this forum ( couldnt find anything about it in the faq ), so i'll post the link to my video atm:

jzono1thumb.jpg

Final animation with glasses:
    http://vimeo.com/17216392

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Finally it is here, the awesome movie with a plot that isnt. "AlienDude", a movie about AlienDude. He's able to blend with the environment, fly spaceship and make a weird noise.

AlienMovieThumb.jpg

Quoting my first post in this thread, back in April:
    "And now, at last here is AlienDude, he's starring in my latest 3D tracked movie, was "scheduled" for release in February on Vimeo". Took me a couple of months, December now ^_^

AlienDude, The Movie:
    AlienDude from VictorCS on Vimeo.
    Last edited by VictorCS; 12-23-10 at 06:15 PM.

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Default Santa Clause

My latest sculpt I've been working on this month. I set the deadline to Xmas Eve, I didnt finish the lowres, even tho I have the lowres I'm abou to project highres on. But struggling a bit with the projecting thing.

SantaThumb.jpg

Here's a turnable, will get a render out tomorrow aka today with him on a roof falling. I just need to polish the pose. First time I've worked with cloth wrinkles too ^_^

Santa Turnable Zbrush from VictorCS on Vimeo.

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Santa is sacrificing himself trying to avoid the bag to fall of the roof.

SantaThumb2.jpg

Wanted to do a proper render in 3D Max, but now it's vacation time, and i'm not going to spend another hour in any 3D software before 2011.
    Quite fun to play with ZDepth and stuff in Photoshop tho ^_^

Santa's Bag.jpg

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Default Mutant Heart

Been working on this for a week, little sculpt I will put in one of those glassbottles in my lab i'm working ( slowly ) on. My goal was to try make something organ like.

MHThumb.jpg

Here's a video, soundtrack inspired by Mass Effect:
    Mutant Heart from VictorCS on Vimeo.

The light is shinning through the tissue, Mental Ray/SSS:
    Mutant Heart See Through.jpg

The sculpt in ZBrush:
    Mutant Heart Sculpt.jpg

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Default Badass and russian wip

Sculpted a new face, polypainted in ZBrush. I was able to do this much faster than the last, sculpting, painting and different morphs, rigging and animation was done over a period of 3 days. I had a little setback because of normalmap issues. Hair is flickering, looking into that problem atm.

badassthumb.jpg

Badass ( Facial Animation Test ) from VictorCS on Vimeo.

Russian gangster, aswell as some anatomy studying aswell, will be dressing him up and probably just put him in a chair.

russianwip.jpg

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

Hey, man, way to keep at it

Your anatomy needs some serious focus time, it's off in numerous ways. Take some time and study references and other people's sculpts that you like, comparing it to your work and see what you can improve. Your heads are better than your bodies, but they're still in need of refinement. Try to nail down anatomy before you try animation and hair. Start small, maybe focusing on a torso, then legs, then arms. Building a good foundation is pretty critical.

As far as the facial animation goes -- its a decent start, but i'm not sure I could accurately name all the emotions you were trying to express. The movement of the head as a whole is also distracting, it seems to float around the screen.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Keep at it

Default 1 hour sculpt

Quote Originally Posted by oofnish
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    It's not bad news, it means there is room for alot of improvement

1hourthumb.jpg

Here is a 1 hour bust I did a few hours ago. Been studying body parts anatomy, as I should've done months ago, will post some of it later. Mostly used claytubes brush for this bust, I feel this brush makes it very easy to add shapes and remove "clay", very easy to work with:

1hourbust.jpg

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

I personally can't stand the claytubes brush --- can't figure out how to get it do do anything but put ugly blocky lines all over the place

Glad to hear you're doing some anatomy studies, I bet they'll really help!

Incidentally, in the most recent bust, its a bit on the charicature side with stretched proportions (long, thin face, low mouth, and protruding muzzle -- not that I'm qualified to lecture on anatomy).

Also you may be finding yourself in a form rut... the face feels familiar next to earlier works in this thread. I've had this happen when the representation of a particular feature is done out of rote instead of an understanding of the form. eg, always drawing mouths a certain way, right or wrong. Sometimes I think its a default self-portrait effect (Residual Self-Image?) that happens when you don't use a reference, so try to use one. Also, while working on face anatomy, try to find features that are notably different each time -- I think you'll build up a larger library of options while getting a better feel for the process in general.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast