ZBrushCentral

VictorCS's SketchBook

Hello, hello. I’m the 22 year old kid from Norway. I’ve been lurking around since late January, I actually posted a post about a UV border problem 31.jan I think. There are so many great artists here, and so much epic art and alot of inspiration. I’ve been here pretty much every day since february, looking at the work that’s going on here. I bet it’s time for me to “join” the community now, instead of lurking. I’ll be posting my stuff in this thread, sketches, wip’s and the usual stuff. First I’ll begin with some of the things i’ve done so far.

More info about him later ( watch out for a female anatomy WIP longer down if you're sensitive ): ![AlienDudeThumb.jpg|110x60](upload://jtJntE9EgIK15hCugGCj8GkAMKA.jpeg)

More to come soon, I just hope all the images have been uploaded correctly, and I dont hope any is too big, if so I’ll fix it, just gonna figure out how to thumb them. I’ll be uploading another creature tomorrow, my Trisect. That was my second project, and my third is soon to be finished. After the third is finished, I’ll start WIP’ing and hopefully get some tips and crits on my projects. And hopefully get better at sculpting. Comments are welcome, but I dont think i’ll start resculpting any of these I’ve posted because these i’m finished with. You can only do a sculpt for so long :slight_smile:

<table class=“fieldset” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1” width=“100%”><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td align=“right”>
</td></tr></tbody></table><table class=“fieldset” border=“0” cellpadding=“0” cellspacing=“1” width=“100%”><tbody><tr><td>
</td><td align=“right”>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Attachments

FirstFace.jpg

Second Face.jpg

Zbrushguy800.jpg

ChineseTest.jpg

MrProud.jpg

FemaleStudy.jpg

AlienDudeDreamy.jpg

AlienDudeLimitations.jpg

I’ve been sculpting some heads, started out like a likeness project. Not that it should have, because I figured likeness is hard, and harder when I dont know the basic rules of face propotions or body propotions. Been reading about these for a few weeks and studied some anatomy, still does. I’ll be posting some wip’s of these soon, need all the input I can get, because to be able to sculpt a face of someone is one of my goals. Even if it’ll take years.

Should I sculpt with a mesh that already has a hole where the mouth should be, or should I add it when I retopologize before the final detailing? How do you make your mouth if you're gonna animate it? This wip I sculpted in zbrush, then did retopo before I exported it to 3dmax, making a mouth "chamber", and then back to zbrush for further detailing I have not yet started because I lack ideas, so I probably need some ^_^. Basic idea was to make a cyborg thing with hard and soft surfaces: [attach=190202]WingFace.jpg[/attach] Here is my Trisect, the background is shot with a Canon 450D last year. The Trisect is sculpted and retopologized in ZBrush and polypainted, as is the branch he is walking on too. Rendered in 3D Studio Max. [![TrisectThumb.jpg|110x60](upload://kkbkjQ1dl3I2q355FFSkcHkMoOM.jpeg)]![TrisectFinished720.jpg|1200x720](upload://q199i6l9sagFL5F0exNoSDPdYjq.jpeg) Can someone please explain that {ATT=12345&thumb=1} thing for me ( { is a [ ), because I cant get it to work :(

Attachments

WingFace.jpg

ZBrush keeps entertaining me, today I felt as excited as I’m the day before Xmas, I just had to do it. I’ve been playing around with transpose, and it’s really powerful.

[![Seaskinthumb.jpg|110x60](upload://7t8Iat0t0gNQF2XZ4OG1Nl26Xjp.jpeg)]![Hoodiefirstsketchup.jpg|909x815](upload://3FBF0V5RSZenKeZVY8UGVuXkLnN.jpeg)

Attachments

Seaskin.jpg

Seaskintrouble.jpg

Hoodiesketch.jpg

looks like your hooked on Z the bug render in max looks good keep goin if you enjoy lots of fun zbc is a great place to learn :+1: :+1:

Doesnt seem to be a hooked Z either, but i’ll just transpose it gently. First I need to get someone to take a picture of me running and jumping after a “target”. Reference pictures :slight_smile:

[![malethumb.jpg|110x60](upload://xBsWr1gDRqsz16548pEgaFxO0fG.jpeg)]![TrisectTB.jpg|1098x1448](upload://36kYWnwydIENRrfNBMVoPZLmqeo.jpeg)

Attachments

;)good start
kepp practising:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks, yes, i’ll keep practice 24/7 :smiley:

Yesterday I played around alittle bit with UDK ( that unreal engine ). Spent a whole day trying to figure out how to unwrap the uv and texture thing, but then it hit me that uvmaster can make these texture maps easily. Fairly easy engine, fast and powerful. Too bad making a level is time consuming :( ![EloThumb.jpg|110x60](upload://qthO3oQJvO7EW5rVu59gnirBWdf.jpeg)

Attachments

EloLR.jpg

maleana.jpg

Lab.jpg

My computer was fried by the thunder, just the PSU and network card tho. At that moment I was working on my next head, middle aged man. Good thing I usually save a new file when I’ve done some improvements to be sure not to be stuck with a corrupt file. So I only lost a few minor wrinkles.

[OldThumb.jpg]PoseAndSkinTest.jpg

Attachments

OldMan.jpg

OldManSide.jpg

Making a small lab in 3D max for my alien running after the small creature. Has been on hold tho, I’ve been working on my “Hoodie”'s shoes. The concept was to make an evil skinny dude in a hoodie, but it’s about to turn into something else. He will be an african basketball player.

[ShoeThumb.jpg]Shoe.jpg

Attachments

hoodieafrican.jpg

I’d say myself finnished with sculpting my “Office Man”, I will try to do one last render in 3D Max tho, to get some SSS shader beauty, and a more texture feel to the suit. Will try adding eyelases too, and “real” eyes. Been working too long with it, struggeling with projecting/retopologizing clothes and had some problems with the normal maps that made me use additional time in 3D Max figuring stuff out. The straight lines/details in the suit was a pita with mouse, but I gotta use what i’m stuck with. Maybe santa will be nice to me this year giving me a wacom :slight_smile:

[OfficeManThumb.jpg]Lab.jpg

Attachments

OfficeMan.jpg

You’re moving along. Great job

Been a while since my last post, first a one week vacation, then two weeks of non-stop playing guitar. And my computer almsot exploded the day after the lightning struck. Motherboard was black, and alot of smoke in my room and that stuff. I replaced my Phenom 2.5ghz 9850BE X4 with a new Phenom II 1055T X6, together with a new motherboard and 4GB of DDR3 ram. I’m gonna throw another 4GB in when I buy the ATI 6870 that’s not released yet. 4GB just doesnt cut it, atleast not for photoshop and huge panorama pictures :slight_smile:

[smurfthumb.jpg]Smurfbeach3in1.jpg
SURFBOARD WAY DOWN INTO TEH SAND I NOTICED :cool:

While in the writing of this I see it’s 4AM, so I’ll just up the smurfs now, and i’ll post my other stuff later.

Here is my Surferdude ( Surfergirl should be done in a few weeks I guess ), I took the male body I’ve already made when studying anatomy, refined and detailed some stuff and gave it a head.
It seems I can start a project and it grows depending on what’s on my mind. I exported the lowres head and body, merging it into one piece in 3d max,
brought it back to zbrush, fixing the topology around the neck. Then I used project all to get the details from the highres onto the new mesh.

[![SDthumb.jpg|110x60](upload://nBerOx3bfIxcn800i47SNxmb7bw.jpeg)]![SDTOPO.jpg|1200x937](upload://wKVx3KW0Gr8bQ8orJ2lcszOBXuh.jpeg)

Attachments

SDTH.jpg

SDSC.jpg

Havent sculpted too much lately, learning alot of stuff in 3d max, but here’s some busts without shoulders ( can these be called busts? ). The woman sculpt in the right lower corner ( ears topology omg :slight_smile: ) is a swedish actor I tried to replicate, named Sofia Ledarp. The man over her I based on a very famous man, but my intention wasnt to really do him. The other two are something I just did for practice, the upper a native something, and bellow is a female head. I guess I need to print out a paper of the human head anatomy, and hang it on my wall, to get my propotions better.

[BustsThumb.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]BustsThumb.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=219249)

Attachments

busts.jpg

nice busts!

yup, shoulder’s aren’t required, and conversely you can add arms and a torso and still call it a bust.

How big are your busts’ eyes by the way? They should fit almost inbetween the corners of the eyes (if they don’t already), and be centered slight above them too. Checking for that, and also the curvature of your necks in relationship to the heads will add a lot more accuracy (and believability) to your head models. Female necks generally arch away from the head (see google images: “female profile”) whereas men’s neck-to-head orientation are more vertical (see google images: “men side profile”)

Keep up the great work!!!

Eyeballs are too big on all of them I guess ( I should do a shrink test at once ), I was always wondering how to determine how huge the eye balls should be. I’ve been struggling with getting the general eye size smaller too, because our eyes are very small in reality.

OMG. i’ve never really payed much attention to how the neck is, and it’s definitly not straight down, even tho I believed so :slight_smile:

Here’s my “cast” for my Beach Bar scene. I wanted some likeness between the characters, so the bikini girl and bartender is just a copy of the surfer’s mesh. Right now they are basically just sketched out. I’m satisfied with the amount of detail on the surfer, i’ll aim at that level for the other characters, but there’s something with the hands that doesnt look right. It would be nice if someone could point out obvious fails in anatomy too, so I can have something to work with. And it’ll sure help in future projects :slight_smile:

[BeachThumb.jpg[/ATT]%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"]BeachThumb.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=220179)

Attachments

hands.jpg

Havent been sculpting alot lately, just a few heads this month, not anything to show off. Kinda waiting for xmas, when i’m gonna buy myself a Wacom, and I got myself an electric violin. I’ve been playing around with for several hours a day, been little time for sculpting :slight_smile:

[JZ1Thumb.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]JZ1Thumb.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=225550)

Attachments

JZP.jpg

vio.jpg

I like your violin. 5 stars.

:+1:

I stated in the thread, “Not 3D related”, just showing the cause of why i havent been sculpting lately. I bought a new instrument. ( photo shoot with Canon 450D )

Been spending some hours today trying to figure out how to make the hair&fur look good ( abusing both keyboard and desk in anger I guess ), in pics above I multiplyed the hairpass so it would look softer and thicker. But I cant do that with 500 frames.

Anyway, back to 3d max i guess, gonna try make it work :cry: