ZBrushCentral

Super Kid.(WIP)

This project was inspired by my son’s imagination. He likes to combine super heroes’ when playing so I thought that made for a fun project. It turned out to be mostly superman and iron man… I’m planning on staying with zbrush and Photoshop for the final.

Feedback welcome.

First pass at full color version.(I took screencaps of a couple of materials and played around with revealing them in different areas.)
[attach=189138]superkid_color_02.jpg[/attach]

Multi angle using clay material.
[attach=189137]superkid_multiA_01.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

superkid_multiA_01.jpg

superkid_color_02.jpg

1 Like

Great sculpt. I love the costuming and fabric folds.

Nice work Jim! :slight_smile:

Incrediboy to the rescue! Oh, yeah. That’s taken already. I really like this. Great job.

Really nice! How are you going about applying the “color”? Shaders? Straight paint, other?

Love the pop vibe.

Thanks guys.

I just applied the colors in photoshop. I’m thinking about poly painting in ZBrush also.

I played around with the pose and added some fine detail/texture to the surface. I think I have a good idea of what I want to do with the final image now. Kinda like a Norman Rockwell 50s comic book cover…we’ll see.
superkid_model_03.jpg
Feedback welcome!

This is a great sculpt, can’t wait for the final image. I think it’s going to be awesome. :+1:

Great sculpt, supercool idea! :+1:

Great! sculpt there mate’ :slight_smile:

Grt Work
Really Cute :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I think I’m about finished with the basic design of the background.
It’s mostly a rip off of Superman #1http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a6/Superman_1.jpg

I just dropped in the first color test I did to get an idea of placement. For the final I’m going to do several hi-res render passes from Zbrush and comp them together in Photoshop. I’m going to probably do the title in zb along with the background buildings. I’m also thinking I’ll rough up the paper to give it an aged look. I’m going to try to finish this tomorrow!
superkid_cover_01.jpg

Bring on the feedback!

I LOVE IT! I know your bro johnny:) and he told me the story at school about you making your kid. Nice job:)

Looks good Jim. I would think about using a different color for the ground, the feet are getting lost due to them being the same color as the ground.

Peace-NickZ.

He’s a kid - so have him standing on top of a slide, upshot, with the sky in the background.

The border looks nifty, but a touch cramped left and right? Maybe widening a touch, and also adding a little bit of roughness to the colors. Of course you did say that this was for positioning, so these are merely suggestions you probably already thought of.

Love the sculpt.

I have a lot of lighting passes that I’m going to play with to make the different materials look more realistic. I just dropped a dirty texture over the whole thing to give you the feel I’m looking for. Maybe I’ll get this done tomorrow. :slight_smile:
superkid_color_03.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Excellent :+1:

Outstading modeling picture!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: for Shure!

That’s what I Call A Good One!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

snazzy!