ZBrushCentral

Challenge For Pixolator!!!!!.....

:slight_smile: Hi all…I’m going to post this challenge for Pixolator - or anybody else who can accomplish it. Basically, all you have to do is, to re-create the image below in 3D or (2 1/2D). Please try it completely in ZBrush. It should be relatively simple - all you have to do is place the simple 3D Cubes in place & scale accordingly. :smiley: Have Fun! See’ya a little later… :cool: Mark.

That’s great!

I was thinking of trying something like this but never got to it. Maybe after your challenge has been met you can tell us how?

dave

Hi Davey…PLEASE TRY! :smiley: I haven’t succeeded yet, the image above is one that I drew in PhotoShop. I was hoping someone with a little more ZBrush Skill would do it??? I’ll keep trying though - See’ya later… :cool: Mark.

Here’s a simplified version for you…

Quick explanation: I got it to this point…

… then grabbed the canvas using the MRGBZ Grabber. I cleared the canvas, filled it with the grabbed texture, then used the Clone tool to paint over the overlapping part.

Does this qualify?

dave

Here’s one:

Carefully colored all the side and then flat materialed them.

Hey Dave…That’s great! I’m going to have to try your approach, if I’m understanding your directions correctly? Did you have to do any visual editing after you had your object completed? You may have to do a “Tut” on this kind of art. Thanks for your post. :wink:

Muvlo…was that all done in 3D & in ZBrush? It looks exactly like my drawing above. Very good, now you’ve got to explain how you got to the finished image??? :smiley:

You guys have a good one, I’ve got to try my luck with it to see how far I can get. See’ya later… :cool: Mark.

Hi Kruzr, here’s what I did:
:large_orange_diamond: I made my basic rectangular prism, and made sure to note the size and rotation.
:large_orange_diamond: I then colored the sides in Transform Object mode.
:large_orange_diamond: Next I enlarged one side however far in some direction.
:large_orange_diamond: I continued rotating and resizing the objects until the whole thing was drawn.
:large_orange_diamond: If you turn on flat render, you’ll see it looks more or less correct. However, if you messed up quite a bit (like I did), you can cover up seams with the simple brush.

:slight_smile: Thanks Muvlo…I’ll give your Mini-Tut a try. Boy, when you write it down it sounds so easy. Hahaha. Have a good one… :cool: Mark.

Hey, this is fun!

Thanks for the idea, Kruzr :smiley:

dave

That looks like an interesting challenge Kruzr :cool: