ZBrushCentral

sketchbook and illustrations

Hello!!! although I was in the early times of zbrush 1, I didn't post on zbc since a long time... I visit regularly, and there is now here an incredible amount of fine, super fine digital sculptures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m illustrator, and so most of my work go to a finished color pictures…

Attachments

here are billboard fot the disney land attraction park in paris… the render is close, although in 3d, of the movie style, with few shadows…chiots.jpgchats.jpg

Attachments

chiots.jpg

chats.jpg

I’m not sure that it is ok to add the pictures by “reply”… well…I’ll try to add all of them on one post…
warning: I want to say very clearly that some of these pic tures are a mix of zbrush sculpture (and texture, of course) , and photo… It’s why I call that thread “sketchbook”, as I use some heads, for examples, sculpted for practice, to complete a photo I found funny, or interesting…clowndefred copie.jpgdavid.jpgalien.jpgcravate.jpgdogpoils-copie.jpgfish.jpgfaunemodo copie.jpgdandy.jpgtv.jpg

Attachments

david.jpg

alien.jpg

fish.jpg

faunemodo copie.jpg

dandy.jpg

tv.jpg

ok, it works, everything in the same post!! the two pictures, half photo of a face, half sculptures, are for a canadian university, and about the “second life” of some members, oenology 'it’s the godess of the wine), or chines archeology… anyway, doesn’t matter… canadian1.jpgcanadian2.jpgkilo.jpgtelephoneold-copie.jpgsketchdef-copie.jpgserve.jpgshah.jpg

Attachments

shah.jpg

HI You have a Very funny:-) and some very good illustrations_ Keep up the good work:D

wow,
your renders are amazing,
love that ultrarealistic skin feeling of your characters!

btw:
hope that i dont have to meet that clown in disneyland:D

obviously, a 3d copy of a famous rockwell saturday post cover "faced to blank canvas"... ![norman.jpg|737x850](upload://zSHdxf0KGAolT7LMge0s1iFLPi9.jpeg)![battle.jpg|907x737](upload://92FfDmct6VL5vhJ4YXBqotPpBZA.jpeg)![tree.jpg|1100x794](upload://O2LENXt9d6X15z18rrIjd110IU.jpeg)![musclor.jpg|651x905](upload://p7Vd5BDxzkm6nGfmGSJqQeIKcud.jpeg)

Attachments

tree.jpg

:+1: :+1: i really miss your posts here marcel great !! :+1: :+1:

thank you!.. the modelling is mostly zbrush (some adds in rhino) (and, once again, sometimes mixed with a hoto!), and the renderings are in Carrara 7 pro, or Modo 401, depends of the “feeling” of the render I wish!.. lance.jpgknight.jpg

Attachments

De l’art drôle, beau, et très très bien fait.
Félicitations!

Please post again with more, maybe some WIPs, workflows…
Keridan

i was wondering what happend to you, i’m so glad to see your work again here. some really amazing pieces, i love the fish with the cannons among others.

thank you for your kind comments!!!
I post a mesh, to show the sculpture without texture… in fact, the texturing, at the end, add a lot!!! alpha1.jpgalpha2.jpg

Attachments

alpha1.jpg

alpha2.jpg

I really love that one a lot.
great balance/mix between realism and caricature.
wonderful.

SKETCBOOK THEORY AND CONCEPT.
AH…Finally:D Now this is trully what this new digital technology is all about and capable of achieving…:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
THANK YOU SO MUCH for exposing this vital truth in this forum, it’s something that has really been missing…:slight_smile:
OUTSTANDING WORKS, AND IMAGINATION AT WORK…:slight_smile:
A real pleasure seeing these…Made my day…:smiley: :+1: THANK YOU.

Fantastic!

It’s really refreshing to see ZBrush being used for illustration works.

great stuff - I always enjoy good mix of techniques and I like your use of 3d :slight_smile:

Marcel, thanks for posting these images, they’re awesome! Top Row imho :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: ! Hoping to seeing more of your works in the future :sunglasses: .

Very interesting sketchbook. Some very creative illustrations!

I also enjoy your mix of techniques.

Beau travail! :smiley:

Wow! I couldn’t work out where the Zbrush ended and the Photostock began! These are some really nice seamless images you got going on there. You must get a lot of jobs for advertising, since most of them look like they would be good for advertising. I can totally imagine most of these selling a product.

These are very good, which of them were done using Zbrush?

And please specify which Renderer you used. :question: