ZBrushCentral

SUB TOOL Confusion!!! Help needed

I hope this is the right section to post my question.

I’m searching for quite a while now and I just can’t either find a documentation nor any helpful thread.
So I made screenshots to explain what drives me nuts:

I made a character with several subtools.
I followed a tutorial how to apply different material on each subtool:

So I start with the first two subtools - everything else is not visible (EYE disabled)
I select my material (MRGB on) - go to SUBTOOL MASTER and hit FILL (Material & Color)

[1.jpg]6.jpg

I searched through the forum and couldn’t find any solution for this - is it a bug - or is it me doing some basic stuff wrong?

Also there’s another thing: When I selected TOYPLASTIC (for my EYES subtoo)l of the standard materials - after all subtools went to another material - the MatCap TOYPLASTIC disappeared from my MatCap library…how’s that?
When I start ZBrush again - all standard materials are there again…

Well after hours of getting frustrated about that - any help is welcome!!!

thanks…

Attachments

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The symbols next to the subtools are the boolean options when you use the ReMesh All option to combine the subtools.

Richard

i would just do it manually without the plugin and see if that works.

EDIT: you could also “bake” the material to texture.
I would also have these custom matcaps in the material folder.
If it’s for a turntable baked textures will work, if it’s for a still image store each element to a seperate document layer and save document.

Completing the modeling process while only viewing the model through one shader can produce inaccurate details in the sculpt.

You can try going up to the Color menu and, while making sure that MRGB is selected as the draw mode up top (where your choices are RGB, MRGB and M) hit FillObject. This fills the object with the currently selected material and color, and “permanently” making it filled with this color and material.

When you want to undo that temporarily you can open the Polypaint menu and press or unpress the “colorize” button. That will allow you to disable the fill if you need to.

This is sort of buggy however in 3.5 r3 as I’ve run into problems where the tools don’t fill occasionally, no matter what you do and yes, it’s maddening as it’s worked fine for years and now, sometimes out of the blue you go to fill your object with a color and material, then you think it’s done, you switch materials and blam, you’re see it switch to that material, which is completely not cool. SO. There’s some things for you to try, but if you get into trouble with it again, it may just be buggy. Sometimes it bugs out, most of the time it works fine, it’s completely random which makes it all the more annoying. Have fun with that.

Thanks a lot! So I was not a totally noob which got lost :cry:
I will try the traditional way then.

I sure think to apply different materials onto different subtools is one of the main things everybody uses who doesn’t use shaders in other render programs.
So this is definitely something PIXOLOGIC should take a closer look since it seems kinda buggy and very uncomfortable for me.

So I hope this will be more comfortable in 4.0

I tried the “traditional” way and it worked just perfect!