ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook

Hello! After years of being a spectator, I’ve finally decided to start posting some of my own work. Here is a character I recently finished. Thanks for taking a look.
warty1.jpg

Attachments

warty2.jpg

I like the character…he looks like an evil brute!

Hi Chlong, glad you came out of the shadows! And an awesome entrance you’ve made!! Really Gruesome!!

wenna

Nice Orkish brute ! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Cool looking character. The one thing which bothers me though is the lips, they feel too girly. I think it’s because of the shape and the hard edge they have.

Lips are aaaaaaawesome! This is TOP ROW, no doubt about it, it will go top row, just count the minutes. Well done! :+1: :+1:

SolidSnakeXXX: Thanks!
wenna: Thanks for the kind words.
skullmonkey: Thanks!
feder!co: Thanks!
EricShawn: Thank you very much. That would be quite an honor indeed!
sketch.jpg
Again, thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

image1.jpg

image3.jpg

image6.jpg

wartyF.jpg

wartyFinal.jpg

awesome stuff man! not sure where the large tusks attach to, but it looks cool…

This is a awesome creature. I think its hard to impress with monster heads these days because there are so many out there but u did it. Fantastic creature design.

very awesome indeed man :+1:

WartyThumb.jpg
koyima: Thanks! When I was researching this image, I found an image of a warthog skull that showed how the large tusks were placed on the top half and the smaller tusks on the bottom half.
MDGeist: Thanks for the encouraging words!
LeoAMD: Thanks!
When I was building this creature, I created a few custom skin alphas based off of elephant skin. If anyone is interested, I don’t mind posting them. Any thoughts or further comments?

What a great first post! :+1:

Very nice character, not easy for him to eat but realy good job!

i think dat it needs a spec map

WartyComp3.jpg
Well, here is the final post of this guy. Thanks for all the feedback/comments and I’ll post some different characters soon.

Great job!

It never ceases to amaze me what people can make out of the base heads and torso (i.e. this and the speedsculpt challanges in 3DCreative)

Very nicely done, love the assymetrical details, scars, horns on head and teeth

killer design man.

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything new. Here is one of many characters I designed for The Healer’s World, a series of Science Fiction novels.

Ubiqood dog from The Healer Book 2: The Tree of Pain (coming in early 2011)
Ubiqood dogs evolved on the planet Hirasa. Their hides are a combination of dog and reptile. They live in packs with alpha males and females. The stem-like filia on their faces end in leaf-like glomeks which are vibratory and chemotactile sensory organs used to identify and track prey. They eat a swamp plant called snake grass, incorporating its scanner scattering properties into their skin; for this reason, their pelts are worn by Hirasans seeking to evade detection.

Here are a couple of renders.
Ubiqood_01.jpg
Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

Ubiqood_02.jpg

Nice work :+1: :slight_smile:

Here are some work in progress renders…

ubiqood_05.jpg

Well, that’s all for now. Hope to have more soon.

Attachments

Ubiqood_03.jpg

ubiqood_04.jpg

ubiqoodSkeleton.jpg