ZBrushCentral

Zbrush Adventures

Hey guys, I’ve been a closet zbrusher for just under 3 years now. Learning from this great forum. I figured its well past time for me to jump into the fray and get my stuff seen and commented on. I’m also committing myself to stop just looking and actually comment on everyone’s great works. Hopefully I can contribute to this community and also get a lot more in return.

So first up is this little sketch of Herr Starr I’ve been working on. Since this meant to be a practice sketch I didn’t think to far and I’m kinda ready to move on. While I think i’m almost finished I think I need help on how best to present this? Zbrush-Herr-Starr.jpg

Attachments

Herr-Starr-2.jpg

Seems like a great start. That’s some fantastic texture work.

Cheers Scrybe. Recently just picked up the character detailing dvd from Eat3d. Excellent stuff, it really helped with putting all the processes of modelling and texturing together for me.

wut happened to his eye?

Its Herr Starr, A comic character from the Preacher comic book series. He lost his eye thanks to some really nasty people when he was a kid

herr_starr.jpg

This sculpt was meant to be for a final fantasy competition which I didn’t finish in time. I still really want to finish it though, but there is so much to do 0_0
[attach=190943]Fusoya-WIP1.gif[/attach]
this is based on Fusoya from final fantasy 4
[attach=190947]FuSoYa_art.jpg[/attach]
I’ve been able to get back into it and done some more work. Changing the cloth to flow better and just giving it more visual interest.
[attach=190948]Fusoya-wip2.gif[/attach]

Attachments

Fusoya-WIP1.gif

FuSoYa_art.jpg

Fusoya-wip2.gif

Wow, great work! :slight_smile:

Really good sculpt at the top, he reminds me alot of agent 47, from the hitman series.
And the work for the final fantasy competion looks so cool. Imo I think that the first picture works better. I get a better sense of movement and wind in that picture. Other than that it looks great. He has sort of an Odin thing going on, nice touch!

Thanks Jimmy. Yeah I know what you mean about the movement, but i’m still trying to find the balance between the flow and visual interest.

Been playing with shadows and finally my renders can stop looking like a&* crack! :smiley:
Fusoya-wip3.gif

This is what 2 hours of work has got me :frowning:
WIP4.gif

Some solid work here :slight_smile: Really digging the FF4 sculpt! Hand looks a bit broken. Also I’d probably go for a more frail look to the hands, they kinda look chubby for that body type… that’s just opinion though.

Found an awesome matcap in this forum. Thanks heaps KrakenCT!
WIP5.gif

Fixed up the other hand and worked on the shoulder region.
WIP6.jpg

Sweet,
The wizard is some good work!

i really like the way you have the general flow going on with the cloth.

keep it up.

:+1:

Yep looking sweet :+1:small_orange_diamond:D:+1:
Tell me how did you get your awesome joindate?

The pose and cloth look fantastic, I like both versions (the more streamlined and the more chaotic version) for different reasons. Maybe they both could be finished as separate models :slight_smile: Good job!

• Neil

Whoa on the FuSoYA! Its great to see you finishing this.

GREAT job on your wizard…LOVE IT…:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
Great job on those hands also…:slight_smile: :+1:
CHEERS

April 30th
Refining epic beard. R3 is epically awesome! and the polish brush is telepathic :smiley:
Thanks guys for the words of encouragement and special thanks for first 5 star rating!
Disco stu: yeah I just noticed that! apparently I joined before the internet was invented lmao, I feel special :stuck_out_tongue:
WIP7.jpg

May 1

Almost ready to wrap up the sculpting. If anyone has any thoughts on how to improve this piece, I would really love to hear it. WIP8.jpg

Attachments

WIP8_1.jpg

Now give him a good render. That’s amazing by the way.