ZBrushCentral

Image quality?

Hi there all zbrushers!!!

I’m really happy to post my first message here on this great forum. I remember back in the day when everybody was hanging at the zacademy forum. I never posted a message there because I didn’t feel like I had anything to come up with (why would anybody listen to me :confused :). I still think that but what the heck, I must give it a try because when I saw all the great pictures of Pixolator and Southern (and all the others too!!) I was like…WOOOOOOW!!!

Thank you all for your great tutorials and tips on this great forum. It has really helped me alot. Zbrush is really the way to go, when I saw this program…I was like WOOOOOW, again… :slight_smile:

OK, I will soon stop talking but I have one small question that I really need help with:

If you want a really good quality and sharped picture, how important is it to work with a very big document and then reduce the image size in photoshop when you are done?

I have modeled in the standard document size and my results are pretty good but sometimes the image seems too smooth or blurry (I’m so sorry about my english but I hope you guys understand). But when I enlarge the document to 1500 * 1500 (and reduced the image size in photoshop) the results were soooo very gooood, yeah!!!

I’m I doing something wrong when I’m working with the small document size?

Thank you everybody and I’ll see you soon!

Peace!

Again, sorry about my bad english, I’m working on it… :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Hi Pat…Welcome to ZBCentral. As to your question about final image sharpness - you said you were working in 1500 by 1500, that’s not too bad at all, but if you have enough ram & a strong enough video card & can bump it up to about 2000 by 2000, or even more, I think you would really see a sharp image after size reduction. I guess it’s easiest to say, the larger the image size in ZBrush - the sharper the final image after size reduction. Hope this helps some??? Have Z good one… :cool: Mark.

I have the same question as Pat does. I love this program and am totally devoted to it, but I have one problem with it. How do you minimize the stairsteppy jaggedness around the edges ? The background is a plane 3D with a texture image applied and I used the antialiasing setting at 100. image size is 1200 x 1000.

Zoid,I like your image.Good depth.Hey on the jaggy’s.Go down to render/modifiers/antialiasing-there are four
sliders down there,blur,edge,size and super
sample.For the best image crank’em all the way up-it makes for a long render time but
a nice sharp image.Also like Kruzr sez above
take your resolution as high as your machine will work at and not slow down to horribly.
It makes a big difference.I just took Gurgler and Kruzrs advice and bumped my
resolution up-it’s great!

Hi Zoid…This is an image I posted in another thread, it was worked on & rendered at a little over 2000 by 2000. As you can see there’s no edge jaggys anywhere that I can find.

As Rhom has suggested in his post, try different setting combinations & use what ever your machine will permit. Rhom does “Very Detailed” images & lately there doesn’t seem to be any jaggys or blurry edges. PLUS - he does wonderfully busy images, & there also GREAT! :smiley:

Hope this helps??? You guys have Z great evening… :cool: Mark.

HEY RHOM…DON’T YOU EVER SLEEP??? I’m going to the “Z” room in a minute, so I’ll Z’ya later.

Kruzr-I try not to,it just seems to get
in the way of being awake.When I’m awake
I can ZBrush.Actually I kind of crashed
out for awhile after my marathon session.

Thank you so much. That really helped me alot. I’m glad when you Kruzr said that 1500 * 1500 is pretty good, I will continue to work with that until I get some more RAM memory.

Thank you again, take care and keep up the good work!