Member User Gallery

Talking Image quality?

Hi there all zbrushers!!!!!!

I'm really happy to post my first message here on this great forum. I remember back in the day when everybody was hanging at the zacademy forum. I never posted a message there because I didn't feel like I had anything to come up with (why would anybody listen to me :confused . I still think that but what the heck, I must give it a try because when I saw all the great pictures of Pixolator and Southern (and all the others too!!) I was like........WOOOOOOW!!!!

Thank you all for your great tutorials and tips on this great forum. It has really helped me alot. Zbrush is really the way to go, when I saw this program....I was like WOOOOOW, again..

OK, I will soon stop talking but I have one small question that I really need help with:

If you want a really good quality and sharped picture, how important is it to work with a very big document and then reduce the image size in photoshop when you are done?

I have modeled in the standard document size and my results are pretty good but sometimes the image seems too smooth or blurry (I'm so sorry about my english but I hope you guys understand). But when I enlarge the document to 1500 * 1500 (and reduced the image size in photoshop) the results were soooo very gooood, yeah!!!!

I'm I doing something wrong when I'm working with the small document size?

Thank you everybody and I'll see you soon!

Peace!

Again, sorry about my bad english, I'm working on it....

Senior Member User Gallery

Hi Pat.....Welcome to ZBCentral. As to your question about final image sharpness - you said you were working in 1500 by 1500, that's not too bad at all, but if you have enough ram & a strong enough video card & can bump it up to about 2000 by 2000, or even more, I think you would really see a sharp image after size reduction. I guess it's easiest to say, the larger the image size in ZBrush - the sharper the final image after size reduction. Hope this helps some??? Have Z good one..... Mark.

I have the same question as Pat does. I love this program and am totally devoted to it, but I have one problem with it. How do you minimize the stairsteppy jaggedness around the edges ? The background is a plane 3D with a texture image applied and I used the antialiasing setting at 100. image size is 1200 x 1000.

Zoid,I like your image.Good depth.Hey on the jaggy's.Go down to render/modifiers/antialiasing-there are four
    sliders down there,blur,edge,size and super
    sample.For the best image crank'em all the way up-it makes for a long render time but
    a nice sharp image.Also like Kruzr sez above
    take your resolution as high as your machine will work at and not slow down to horribly.
    It makes a big difference.I just took Gurgler and Kruzrs advice and bumped my
    resolution up-it's great!

Hi Zoid.....This is an image I posted in another thread, it was worked on & rendered at a little over 2000 by 2000. As you can see there's no edge jaggys anywhere that I can find.

As Rhom has suggested in his post, try different setting combinations & use what ever your machine will permit. Rhom does "Very Detailed" images & lately there doesn't seem to be any jaggys or blurry edges. PLUS - he does wonderfully busy images, & there also GREAT!

Hope this helps??? You guys have Z great evening..... Mark.

HEY RHOM.....DON'T YOU EVER SLEEP????? I'm going to the "Z" room in a minute, so I'll Z'ya later.

Kruzr-I try not to,it just seems to get
    in the way of being awake.When I'm awake
    I can ZBrush.Actually I kind of crashed
    out for awhile after my marathon session.

Member User Gallery

Talking

Thank you so much. That really helped me alot. I'm glad when you Kruzr said that 1500 * 1500 is pretty good, I will continue to work with that until I get some more RAM memory.

Thank you again, take care and keep up the good work!