ZBrushCentral

Salmon swimming upstream against a strong current

This started out as a picture for the Mother Nature Monday-night challenge a long time ago. The scope of the project was a little beyond me at the time, but it has been a good learning experience.

It’s also been a bit of a struggle to get the motivation to complete it, especially after recently having to spend time on jury service. I found the whole jury thing quite depressing.

Next I’m going to do a happy scene, or maybe a monster, or at least something that has no precedent in the real world. I feel like indulging myself :slight_smile:

All zbrush except the water in the window, which was added as a photo in Photoshop and painted over.

121 or questions welcome :slight_smile:

yes it is a sad image, but wonderfully made. that detail, and the colors. great work.

wow lovely - you did really well modeling and texturing and post - love the idea too :slight_smile:

:+1: :+1:

Jury duty, yuck. :stuck_out_tongue: You have my sympathies. I’ve been through jury hell as well.

Nice use of textures and perspective.

I like the little fish pictures on the tiles.

The materials on the coffee pots look like their over-exposed (the white one and the silver one). The tea kettle looks fine. You may want to adjust the diffuse values on them.

:+1: overall.

Really nice picture, I love the fish on the tiles, any idea where I can buy some of those? :slight_smile: The water from the kettle looks great but I agree with WingedOne on the overexposed look.

Wonderful mood :+1: :+1:

Excellent work! I am impressed. well done!

Hy Bronecadle…is a good realization and as you comment in your post from a recent situation : the fish have a great meaning i think¡¡¡… from a heat to heat¡¡but in reality in the background i could see a very nice and quiet and pleasant…a more natural place¡¡¡
I hope you feel better…think that every thing is an oportunity to grow.

Nice work and an original concept. I particularly like the touch of the water outside the window. :+1:

Very nicely done! :+1: :+1:

An extremely well done image. You obviously put a lot of heart and soul into this one. And it shows that you did. And thanks for reminding me about jury duty. I got a letter in the mail a couple of weeks ago that I have yet to send back in reply to my being picked to serve here. grrrrrrrr Glad to see you back in the saddle and off and running at the speed of light. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Excellent Illustration! Looks like you were
depicting a fish out of ‘hot’ water. :smiley: I also like the fish tiles and the scene outside the window. Very imaginative. :sunglasses: :+1:

Beautifully imagined, and realized. This is a first rate piece of artwork.

excellent! hilarious idea, fantastico execution, great details, all :+1: :+1: :+1: done! muy bien!

• juandel

Hi Bone
Metaphysic fish life :slight_smile:
Pilou