ZBrushCentral

Hotkey Brush Size Step Up/Down

I was wondering if there was a way to remap the “[” and “]” keys. As of now the [ ] keys step up or down brush size by ten degrees.

I thought it would be nifty if you could remap them to the “Z” and “X” keys and step up/down by 5 instead of ten.

I’m guessing I’ll need a macro. Any thoughts?

The information you need is in this thread, spcifically the script in post#8:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=47224

You can assign any hotkey you want to the buttons. I wouldn’t use the ‘X’ key though as that is used for switching on symmetry when sculpting.

Thanks a ton marcus. I knew the info was out there, just didn’t know what to search for.

Yeah I was in the process of remapping a lot of stuff around that Left Shift area. After accidentally deleting lower levels or higher levels of subdivisions, I figured it was time to customize my interface a bit. Thanks for the Tip about X though.

And for whatever it’s worth … I set Z for brush decrease; didn’t think I’d use the ‘show spotlight dial’ option that much. Turned out, when I did need to use, i now wasn’t able to use Z to turn spotlight dial on or off … and I’ve searched a lot but haven’t found a path/menu just for turning spotlight dial on or off so that I could even reassign it to another button. So the only way for me to restore the Z hotkey to turn spotlight dial on or off was to reset all my hotkeys, but then there were too many I’d set to want to go back and reset all of those. So … I’d stay away from assigning Z as a hotkey to anything else also.