Senior Member User Gallery

C&C would be appreciated! Thanks

001.jpg
    002.jpg
    Last edited by Eiad; 05-25-10 at 08:33 AM.

Member User Gallery

hey!

First I'd like to say the composition of the image works quite well, and that your textures don't look so bad at all, but they could use a little tweaking. I'd say variety in colors a little in certain areas, just to add to that level of detail, and maybe in the skin shader because it looks more like clay than skin.

A few critiques..Unless its 100% of a design you're following, where the forehead meets the nose, it makes his face look completely flat, almost as if someone took the move tool, pulled his face far out, then flattened it. Also if he is supposed to be a human, his eyes are very far apart and take away his badassery and make him look inbred. His arms are also very long compared to his legs.

My last critique for now would have to be on the horse. Its a good start, but its too stiff. When you look at a horse, you can see that on its limbs and its body, it has muscle or flesh hanging. When I look at your horse I don't actually feel the weight on it, almost as if most of the body parts are a little too cubic.
    Regardless, great start on that horse, and nice rendering! I suggest the use of a good backlight to make him pop out more, otherwise good stuff.

Hope this helps. =]
    Level artist at A2M
    Concept artist, character modeler;level artist/3D artist in general =]
    Sketchbook Thread
    My website

Well, at quick glance it looks like a photo - very convincing - beautiful work!

Upon close inspection here are my CRITIQUES (all extremely minor critiques, but work this good deserves nitpicking:
    - The cloth around the body seems too flat - does not seem to be any real weight to it
    - The skin on the chest area seems too "pasty" - the subderman layer should be just a bit more pronounced I think
    - The cloth of the hood seems to be too flat from the front view around the neck
    - The metal on the ball/chain seems too solid of a color (not visible in render)
    - The skulls are awesomely done, but there is no visible way they would be attached which causes pause

On the flip side here are my COMMENTS:
    - The hands are probably the most convincing I have ever seen anywhere other than the over darkened shadows from the side view (not visible in render) between the two fingers near the thumb - just brilliant anatomy and very inspiring
    - The overall anatomy is wonderful - especially the proportions
    - The tatoos are perfect - they are almost always overdone on 3d work

Overall, this is simply brilliant work and I will consider it an inspiration piece for me.
    ------------------
    Semper Fidelis!

John D Hosch

"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
    - Antoine de St. Exupery

Member User Gallery

I agree on a few things, like on the clothing; definitely something I forgot to mention. The cloth can have so much more detail than it does, but again the proportions I find need to be looked at. If you look at the size of the arms, they almost overpower the legs.

Cheers!
    Level artist at A2M
    Concept artist, character modeler;level artist/3D artist in general =]
    Sketchbook Thread
    My website

It's excellent, I can't imagine criticizing any part. Good job!

Just wondering... is it rendered in anaglyph 3D? I ask because of all the red / blue shift (chromatic aberration) especially around the chains, etc.

Mihail: Thanks for the comments. I agree with you the textures are not that good. This guy suppose to be something in the middle between a goblin and human. He's been eating from his victims making him more like a monster. Since he uses his hands a lot, I made them huge, but I would agree with you they look odd after you pointed them out.

For the horse, could you point out the areas that you think should be hanging? I've been looking at many photos but it seems that I'm missing something.

hosch: Thanks man. Your right, the cloth look weird somehow. I wish I have a good reference for this type of pants. As for the piece around the body, I agree it look so flat. I'll probably fix it this summer. Nice comment on the skulls.

EricShawn: Thanks man for replaying. I needed those replays to make better decisions on my work. As for the rendering the aberration I used a Photoshop Action from 3drender.com. The actual render was done in Maya

User Gallery

the guys forehead extends far too much, and his face is kind of flat
    Also his nose seems too short, your facial anatomy needs work.
    the pose doesn't seem dynamic

now on the positive:
    wonderful body detail, he looks "meaty"
    the skin is beautiful
    his clothing is nicely done, though could be pushed further
    the concept is nicely executed.

If you really push this could be a gem piece anyone's portfolio. I mean that.
    well done.
    Last edited by Framedworld; 05-25-10 at 07:28 PM.

Hi Zbrush lovers,

These are my latest Heads sculpts tests. I did them on this summer break for fun. I hope you like them and as usual critics means a lot to me. Thank you.

Icon001.jpg
    HeadE001.jpg
    HeadE001a.jpg
    HeadE003.jpg
    HeadsCollection001.jpg
    Last edited by Eiad; 06-17-10 at 02:02 PM.

New Member User Gallery

Default Suggestions for the warrior

Hi Eiad I would like ask about the composting on the main picture. You did a good job it looks like a screen capture from a movie. How did you do it. I notice that the RGB channels are staggered a bit.

Any way I this are the CC for the warrior.
    002.jpg

User Gallery

awesome sculpting!
    Marco "Splash" Plouffe - Digital Sculptor
    http://www.marcoplouffe.com

Iezho: Thanks for the comments man. I made his face flat intentionally to make the character look bulky and strange. It seems that most people don't see it the way .... LOL ...
    Anyhow about the camera aberration effect, you can do it many ways. The best way I find is to do it in Maya Mental Ray. However there are some photoshop and after effects actions that fake it for you quite easily.
    Hope it helps

Marco Splash: Thanks for your words, appreciated.

Wow, I wish I had your skills! Mad skills. Great sculpts.

New Member User Gallery

"OUTSTANDING!!!!" In Shao Kahn's Mortal Kombat 2 voice
    My Work
    http://ajdin.deviantart.com/
    3D Only http://www.krop.com/ajdin

My Friend http://www.jakechilds.co.uk/portfoilopgae.html

My Significant Other http://www.krop.com/xiaoxi/

Default Head Sketches Continues

Hey guys Thanks for the nice words. I needed them to improve. Don't forget to criticize my work.

This is my last day for the summer break. I spent 2 days to make it. Let me know your opinion of this work. Thanks

Icon.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

Another head for fun

HeadF001.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast