ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Fantasy Weapons of All Eras (Final Week!)

I want to thank all the participants of the Monday Night Head Challenge. Everyone did an amazing job pumping craniums out. What’s next you say?

As it states, any and all weapons.
Includes, swords, guns, old, new, fiction, or no.

One thing to focus on is using TM to make details textures. Also, try using the Multi-Marker tool to put things together. Once again, this is optional but it is stressed to try it at least.

:large_orange_diamond:Must be ALL NATIVE ZBRUSH MODELS.
  :large_orange_diamond:High or low poly.
  :large_orange_diamond:May use ANY ZPrimitive (Zif, ZSphere3D, ZCube, etc). 
  :large_orange_diamond:Must include a wire shot and/or pre-Multimarked shot. Uploading tools and ZScripts optional.
   :large_orange_diamond:Try to use two or more materials (optional but good practice).
   :large_orange_diamond:Background optional.

Good Luck and Happy ZBrushing!

P.S. Don’t forget!
IRC Chat. The Server name is nexus.sorcery.net and the ports are 6667 and 9000. The Channel is #zbrush3. Come on in!

I just want to post a little tip for using the chat. If you don’t have an IRC client, or cannot get one to work, go to http://nexus.sorcery.net/. Then use the webbased IRC client form to get into the chat. :slight_smile:

Simple sword. Very fun to make weapons with ZBrush. Would have textured it but I am not very good at all with textures. :smiley:

Here are some tools I have been making for a WIP.

The 18th century sabre is a MM tool only - the smooth values for each part are different so polymeshing them causes problems.

The blade was made from zspheres to get the curve and the skin was then flattened and modelled. The guard was also zspheres and the handle a sphereinder.

The musket is an early prototype for shooting non-sequiturs - one barrel fires folly and the other fires fallacy. The texture was painted in TM using a photo of some snake wood.

Amazing stuff already! Bravo everyone!

Here is a tutorial by our friend Ken Brilliant on Hard Edged ZSpheres. Very valuable for this challenge. I use this method for anything with a hard edge. Swords, axes, guns, starships,…anything.
There is also links to other valuable info. Check it out and keep 'em comin! :+1:

Does this challenge include Sci-Fi Weapons, perhaps a ray gun or Light sabre?

Yes Combo…any kind of weapons.

Second shot for this space weapon it looks like a magnum 44 which has been upgrade to 440.
the first picture is a zbrush render and I can’t resist to do one in carrara.
I think i’m on the good way…
See you soon on ZBC :smiley:

:wink:

:smiley:

:wink:

Very nice weapons at the present time. Hy RAMSESIIV the quality of the texture like me so much.
I have been working in this set but becomes a little difficult to me as i have to know previously in depht the utility of the deformations palette as a I think is the way to make weapons.
Im trying but for instances the weapons already posted are very elegant and detailed one.
Congratulations

Hello everyone, This is my first post to the MNC. This was inspired by recently watching the 1966 Batman movie. When Batman was running though the pier carrying one of these, trying to find a safe place to throw it, which lead to one of the greatest lines in movie history: ‘Somedays you just can’t get rid of a bomb.’ Hope you like. 50.

very dangerous looking devices, everyone! thats one classic bomb, 50, love the twisted twisting to do the fuse! :smiley:

here is something more archaic: once the lateks living in the big delta found out about the rubber vine’s qualities, they used this

for hunting birds. they found out other uses for rubber, too - a few happy, healthy but ever dwindling generations later they were extinct :smiley:

• juandel

Hy Juandel you get it¡¡¡Thats fantastic¡¡ the more powered weapon of the history¡¡
Very very nice. I like a lot’
Congratulations
in my country its name is “china”.

Juandel, that is an absolutely perfect slingshot! There’s some great models posted here. Those swords are wonderful, and that blaster looks serious. Good idea for a challenge Mahlikus. 50.

Greetings,

Here’s my entry for the Monday Night Challenge.

This sword was made from three separate parts using multi-markers. For the first time I wasn’t so intimadated by multi-markers

[Gallery]

My entry. Dragon Dagger and Sheath.

juju we were really born on the same day…I also created a slingshot but just did not post it as I thought it was not modern enough…Thanks for posting yours it is excellent.
DeeVee,
Joe.

Holy arsenal Batman! We should be equipped for any eventuality.

A great challenge for which I am thankful as it has motivated me to finish this long running tool.

Here’s the production version of the musket for shooting non-sequiturs.

I had some problems with the texture on this one when making the polymesh, but Aurick helped out and I learnt something new and useful (here’s the nitty gritty for anyone interested).

Thanks go to Digits for his Widget zscript, without which the barrel zsphere would have been a nightmare to make.

Bonecradle, that is absolute perfection! I’m going to check out that widget. Thanks for posting your parts. 50.

Very nice Bonecradle as all your work¡¡ I revisited your link and i has been with that trouble many times but i “resolve it” “intuitively”…now i understand how it ocurrs and thanks to Aurick how avoid¡¡¡
Congratulations and thanks for your help.
PS¡¡ and thanks for share your creativity¡¡¡