ZBrushCentral

Maerlgog Ghezyeht'kon

Just a little something I am working on (along with my other hordes of WIPS lol )

By the way it is a Hobgoblin (thanks Ron for reminding me). The name is pronounced May-yerl’-gog Gez-shet’-kon’ (the G is a hard G)

Definitively I love your form of modeling…seems to me beautiful your accomplishment… I congratulate it. I really admire your work.
Congratulations

very kewl hobgoblin Lonomatic. Your powerhouse modeling always amazes me and energizes me to try harder in my own spocs. You da’ man :cool: :cool: :cool:

OMG dude! This is kickass!
:eek: :eek: :eek:
If I may asked what you started the head off with?

Thanks Andre, Ron, Mike.

Mike the head started lif as a Sphere3d which I shaped into a basic form. Then I skinned it using the Unified skinning method so I could avoid the “pole” effect. I continued from there.

This is one of your best head models. I like it a lot , lonnie.

But where do you come up with those names :stuck_out_tongue:

Quite simply outstanding work.

I am in awe of your technique.

Keep up the great work.

Paul.

yowzer… he rocks lonnie… my favorite part is around the eyes… very detailed…

Thanks Namek, Paul, Doc.

Namek…I am priveledged to have access to the Great Library of Alexandria and consequently I have an unlimited supply of strange names from wich to choose or construct new ones. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Very inspirational work Lonnie, fantastic modeling. It is nice to see that you have got your groove back! :slight_smile: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

hi mentat, i like this head :slight_smile: did you model the details of his skin or is it a texture with bump ?

Hi Kokoro. It is all modeled. There is no texture as of yet. :slight_smile:

pretty amazing. so you do have the beta ? or a strong computer, as mine goes down with 100000 polys which do not allow that detail.

great work. :+1:

hi mentat, its me again. :wink:

i really like to know how you achieve that skin details. i tried the whole morning, on a head model with 85000 polys. i used the noise setting for the brush tip in the modifiers, and i can achieve with this some detail (i used that already on my alien head in the challenge). however, the noise builds always “stripes” in one direction no matter how i do the brush stroke (horizontal or vertical), no matter how i rotate the model on the canvas, no matter how i rotate the model in the deformation palette. if i want to use that on the lips the noisie stripes are always horizontal, but i would like to have them vertical. (btw i am working with a tablet)

i also tried to do tiny brush strokes without noise, but then i got a “bumpy” crease, even if i am carefull to go along the mesh lines. i think thats a problem of the slow processor who cannot grab fast enough the informations given by the tablet on a high poly mesh ?

sorry for that elongate question, but i really would appreciate if you could explain a little how you achieved that detailed modeling.

Hi Kokoro,

What kind of mesh are you using? The Hobgoblin started as a SPhere3D then was skinned with Unified Skinning. The mesh is very dense…trying to remember off the top of my head but I think it was around 120K polys…much denser around the face than on the skull. I put NOISE into the brush just as you did but I also adjusted the EDIT CURVE graph. I used small brush sizes around 6 or 8 and low ZAdd and ZSub values around 2 to 4. Just draw it in after that. You can also use the DEFORMATIONS>NOISE command to put noise into the entire model. Then you can mask off areas and SMOOTH them. Below is an example of this. I hope this helps. And no, I do not have the beta. :slight_smile:

Really great work and great tips Lonnie!!! :smiley: :+1: :+1:
Tnx for sharing bro !!! :wink:

thank you mentat, very appreciated. yes, i did the same, i also edited the curve, but i think my brush size was too big. i also work on a adaptive skin from zspheres. so i was on the right track but got lost. thanks for leading me.

yesterday while experimenting, i noticed a strange thing. i modeled a head from a sphere. and then my comp was able to handle 180000 polys. but when modeling from zsphere my comp can handle 100000 polys only with big efforts… strange is it not ?

Great tips Lonnie. Thanks again for sharing.

I have noticed the same thing Kokoro…primitives “behave” better on my computer (even high density mesh primitives) than the skins do. Must be the way the program interprets/interacts with the object. Skinning was an add-on feature whereas primitives were designed into ZBrush from the start (i think). I am curious to know what your system specs are. I am running ZB on a 1.3GHz P4, 512MB Ram, Win ME. What I really want is a BOXX with dual 3.0GHZ P4’s and 6 Gig of Ram!! :eek: :smiley:

Excuse me Menta 7 can you ilustrate me respect the PC your are mention you like to have…because i am thinking in get a complete one and i need orientation. What mind BOXX and so on.
Thanks for your attention