ZBrushCentral

- Daigan -

Hi All,
that’s my last “ID’ Style” based model,
I’ll try to complete it soon.

Daigan01.jpg

Pretty cool

Looking awesome at this stage already…looking forward to its completion!

Nice, I really, really dig it. What brushes are you using to create those hard edges?

i like it. the flat surfaces make it look very different

mestophales: Thanks :slight_smile:
SolidSnakexxx: Thank you! Nice to hear from you again man. :wink:
jero.b: well I prepared an image for you, here is:
example.jpg
the firstone at the left, it is just modeled with a standard brush, we can use it as “root”, about branches on the right:
we can see that, in the first case, (pic. 1) I used a flatten brush with a focal shift too that reaches the size of the brush that we are currently using, generating so flatten surfaces (then we can smooth them) and interesting hard edges. in the second pic (pic. 2) I used a small focal shift on faltten brush.
In the 3rd one you can see that using the flatten brushes, then a lil of smooth and after a pinch brush we can reach a very good shape, it is very interesting the pinch because it allows you to modify the polygon strucuture too, very interesting for mech-parts or armatures.
soulty666: yes, I am just experimenting a bit… ehehehe

Another screenshot:
Daigan_orange.jpg

…here is a quick sketch of it:
daigConcept.jpg

that’s an interesting mix of styles - someone’s been looking at Ced’s work ? :laughing: :+1: I like the design of the head quite a lot on this one

I am looking forward to seeing the finished peice. Looking really good!

Intervain: Thank you Magdalena, I am really glad you like it,
I appreciated your comment! :wink:
mestophales: thanks, I will try to post more images soon :wink:

Looking very good, Mauro…:wink:
I like it!:+1:

bigbang: Thank you! :slight_smile:

Today I enjoyed with the ZDepth and I have created a sub surface scattering pass, inverting the coordinates of the point of the zdepth under the render panel.

Here is just a quick test:
sss02.jpg

Attachments

sss.jpg

Nice! That’s a pretty cool subsurface scattering trick—I wonder how far it can go?

Hi Vancross,
I will post some new image soon showing how it is possible to recreate this FX using the Zdepth.

Next

…another rendering test:
daig-sss03.jpg

Very nice!

Thank you Vancross. I am glad that you are following my projects.

Here is another one pic.
(Enjoying with Mental Ray ;))

lastDaigan.jpg

Cool model and interesting SSS tests. So how do you comp the Zdepth pass in Photoshop to get the effect you got? What layer mode do you use and how do you color it?

those fake SSS looks realy cool! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: