ZBrushCentral

Work Thread -Girish

Hey
This is project for my university. This is been inspired from a painting done by an iranian artist , Iman maleki. I wanted to achieve a very oil paint look. This character is not going to be animated and is merely going to used for the still. so i decided to work on poly painting in zbrush and tried painting the light and shadows too. i kind of like the way it has come out :smiley:
Exhausted 1 Low res.jpg

Let me know what you think…

Thank you

Attachments

Exhausted 2 low res.jpg

Pose low res.jpg

Looks great to my eye…:+1: …Caravaggio lighting and mood.:+1: …Nice to see Z Brush being used as a fine arts tool…It’s a great program for amimations and animators,… but on the other hand, it is also a great program for fine artist as well, and can be used to create great digital oil paintings, or paintings that look as if they were done using oils…Nice to see others using and exploring this amzing program’s full potenial…:+1: :slight_smile:

@SpiritDreamer : Thanks a lot. I learnt a lot during this project and it was so much fun. Will defenitely work on similar projects in the future. Thanks again :smiley:

here is my Self Portrait Project that i worked for my University.

Here is the final render :
Self_Portraiture.jpg

Could have worked more but am very happy for the result for the specified time given :lol:

Attachments

Self_Portraiture_wireframe.jpg

Self_Portraiture_1.jpg

Self_portrait_wip2.jpg

Self_portrait_wip16.jpg

Self_portrait_wip17_shoes.jpg

Shoes_WIP left.jpg

you did a great job on your selfportrait char…well done …how did you made the hair?

i like the texturing as well… i would love to see more …

the shoes feel a bit stiff …i think you should lower the divisions and paint some folds with the standard brush, and then go back to your highest division…
this would do real magic to them… :slight_smile:

Man great job on the remake of the Oil Painting really stands out.

great job of making your self looks great i see you are wearing my shoes lol :stuck_out_tongue:

your texturing is really going well hope to see more future projects.

@ O/MI: Thanks a lot. Yes you are right. Perhaps a little folds on the Converse would make it look better. :smiley: I created the hair using Shave and Haircut Plugin. I just split the hair into 8 portions , say front,side,back,top and so on. It helped in Render time and optimization.

@ Converse : Thanks a lot. Yes working on that project was so much fun :smiley: Will keep posting new works. :slight_smile:

Here is the character design i started sculpting yesterday afternoon =] Its a WIP…

soldier.jpg

Let me know how its coming along. :wink:

Thanks

Hi,
Just another update :smiley:

soldier1.jpg

Very impressive work on the clothing; gets better and better!

Thank you Kevphil :slight_smile:

Here are some surface transfers that i did. I havent done this before. Very Happy with the Baked Normal maps :smiley:

soldier.jpg

Attachments

soldier1.jpg

soldier2.jpg

soldier3.jpg

soldier4.jpg

really nice work dude :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks pankajchoudhary :smiley:

By the way, Here is an update …Iam using him for a game cinematic in unreal engine and so yeah, i just imported him inside UDK for testing if the maps are workin =]
UDK 2010-04-10 05-13-20-31.jpg

Attachments

Gun.jpg

really good work…Your soldier came together fast, well done…hes looking really good…looking forward too updates.

Thanks DELTATHUND3R :smiley:

and in the free time i started to doodle in zbrush and ended up with this character. I kind of like the way he is coming along. Here is the WIP

Creature_sculpt_wip.jpg

Heyya,

I started another project for the univ. a little brief on my project :

Iam going to build a character in 3 different art styles. The character name is “Rama” from a Indian mythological book called Ramayan. The 3 Art styles would be :

1. from Ramayan 3392 comics
  2. from Amar Chitra katha comics
  3. my Own interpretation

and this character that i started modeling is from the Ramayan 3392 comic series. Here is a quick paintover i did in photoshop.

Ram.jpg
By the way…Havnet worked on the legs nor hands… :slight_smile:

Attachments

Ram_sculpt_wip.jpg

great proportioning. the concept looks like this is going to be a really nice one. cant wait.

@mjolnir : thanks a lot :smiley:

and here is an small update. worked a little on the overall body… havent worked on the hands nor the legs yet… sculpted the hair …and here are the pics :

Ram_sculpt_wip.jpg

Attachments

Sculpt_started.jpg

heya

here is a very very small update

ZBC_THUMB.jpg
[attach=198692]Ram_sculpt_wip2.jpg[/attach]

just blocking out the cloth and accessories…its a wip :smiley:

Attachments

Ram_sculpt_wip2.jpg

Shaping up really well… look forward to seeing it completed :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: