ZBrushCentral

Ryan Harrison: 2010 Sketchbook (Possible nudity but I'm not promising anything!!)

Okay so, been a while since I posted anything…figured I’d start the new year with a new thread… I’ll be posting everything from sketches to completed models but, I guess that’s a bit obvious,eh? :smiley:

AlienArmThumb.jpg

Attachments

AlienArmSketch.jpg

Great job! very nice forms. :+1:

nice work:D

hi rynomyte, the arm is looking nice… i like the weight in the fingers …

wich Fujitsu Tablet PC you have … interests me…is it better to draw than on a Wacom Cintiq?

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:
O/MI, my tablet is a Fujitsu Lifebook T5010 running a dual core 2.8 ghz and windows 7 x64 with 4gb ram. As far as how it compares to a cintiq, I have never used one but I have heard that there is not much difference other than the smaller screen (13.3 in). I believe that the tablet has 512 lvls of sensitivity as compared to my Intuos’ (or cintiq’s) 1024 levels but I honestly cannot notice much difference at all…512 seems to be completely adequate.
When I first rcieved the tablet it was running 32 bit XP and it was great. It ran zbrush no problem. After about two weeks I installed Win7 64 bit and now it is truly a tiny beast!! Zbrush screams. I have not run any huge models through it but ZB laughed at 15 mil polys. Easy. Since upgrading I have also installed 3Ds max 2010 64 bit and so far not one single problem…although there is no dedicated gfx card in most tablet pcs so how far I could push a 3ds max scene remains to be seen…
All in all I love it! Being able to carry all my applications in a small package that runs all of them extemely well is great! Oh, possibly the only downside is that when in tablet mode all of the keys are hidden so for a program such as Zbrush where shortcuts are essential an external pad is necessary. I went with a Belkin nostromo game controller. The customization available for this device makes it great for Zbrush. I only consider it a drawback because it forces me to carry extra stuff!
Anyway, let me know if ya have any more questions…I’d be happy to answer if I can!

Thanks for your answer rynomyte, very helpfull ! :slight_smile: :+1:

No problem!:smiley:

RynoManWIPThumb.jpg

Attachments

RynoManWIP.jpg

Small Up…just workin in some more details…

[RynoManWIP01.jpg]

Not much free time to work on this today.
Just working some design issues out…some subtle silhouette changes…still lots to do…

RynoWIP.jpg

Cool character!:+1:
The arm is great to :slight_smile:

Thanks Santis, I really appreciate that! :slight_smile:

Thumb.jpg

Attachments

3hrSpeedSculpt.jpg

Well done on that female sculpt. She looks like shes been tied up for a while and starting to go anorexic! :lol:! but seriously thats a good amout of effort and should also be placed in that E.D.A.H thread as well.

Just a question about your tablet pc you’ve got. Is it pressure sensitive? Angle sensitive? Is the pen like a stalk or like a standard wacom pen? How much did you pay for it?

Great work! :+1:
Inspiring, very good for 2.5 hours :slight_smile:

SadamHu, Santis: Thanks guys! :smiley:

About the tablet, yes it is pressure and tilt sensitive…I think 512 levels of sensitivity and not a huge amount of difference between that and my intuos with 1024. In fact, Wacom makes the tablet technology for most tablet pcs out there so that aspect is very good. The pen is a standard Wacom pen with 2 buttons and eraser, except it is much more the shape of an actual pen than my intuos pen…
As far as how much I payed, it was 1375 from Fujitsu’s ebay store. It was refurbished and would have cost 3000 new as it was configured! A great deal if you ask me! So far not one problem and I travel to work with it every day strapped to the back of my Harley… :smiley:

Started this yesterday as just a quick bust/head study, but now I’m starting to think I may give her a bit more of a body and possibly enter the CGHub bust comp…Hmmmm, got an idea…:smiley:

PsylockeBustWIP.jpg

Looks like a very good start:+1:

Hey, thanks Santis. :slight_smile: think I decided to go for it in the challenge so you can see this one continue over there. I’ll start the thread later tonight. Think I’ll be atempting a psylocke bust.

Well, after being re-inspired by the Bust A Move challenge, I finally decided to take this guy off the shelf, brush off the dust, and finish him already!
He was probably 90% modeled when I picked it back up and now I’d say he’s 98% done…Still need to work on the textures and of course do a proper rendering but, almost there! This is just a ZB screen grab with a tiny bit of post in PS.
As always comments and crits most welcome and appreciated!
Thanks!!

Dcolortest.jpg

pretty cool style/pose

i think da hat needs more definition, like the brim is maybe too smooth and the rest is too