Hey nice Will Smith face GE_GRAZE!

Today I studied the nose for my EDAH

EDAH_Jan20.jpg

Edit: It's all sorted out now.
    Last edited by goldenturd; 01-20-10 at 10:49 AM.

mod. thanx for keeping the thread clean. deeply appreciated.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

cool thread i will try to participate

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

herz my sculpt and sorry guys

start.JPG
    Last edited by adampof; 01-20-10 at 12:02 PM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

quick 15min sketch, never done hard surface before but thoguth id give it a go, was made from just a cube. not happy with it thats why i stopped plus fone rang wasnt sure what i was going for gues it looks like a helmet thing.

helmet.jpg

I was too exhausted for a bust today, here's what I could do.

Day5.jpg

great job, keep going guys!

40 min study of the mouth:

EDAH_Jan21.jpg

Default Reference Material

BLUDRAGON: When you say a mouth or nose study, what are you useing as a reference? Just a photo? A bunch of photos, or do you have an anatomical model of muscle structure?

I find myself searching the web for photos of reference material, but never really hit the jackpot. I do also take pic's of myself to study, but this is tedious with out a good camera, I have to run back and forth to the auto shoot button, no tripod and limited lighting. I attached a 50% file of one such attempt. (That isn't to embarrasing)ChrisPlatoon.JPG

I would love to find the range of facial expressions, along with some full body poses.

Default Jan 20 2010 2hr pull

And here are yesterdays (20th Jan) Pull from a poly sphere. I have learned a few new things, correct or not they seem to work, and have really helped with topology. First was that previously, I had not been pulling enough basic shape out of the original sphere, and then remeshing/or re-topologising. Im still experimenting with the differences between adaptive skin, unified skin, re-mesh, or by hitting make poly-mesh 3d.

Either way, as long as I avoid sud-dividing before I do that step. There are so many paths to take on the way to a clean topo final, then HD. The final image here is 412k with 3 subdivisions. Compared with my first post, there is a major improvment in the ability to sculpt detail.Longhead_01_20_2010_01.JPG Longhead_01_20_2010_02.JPG

Another great way to get good reference is to use a small mirror. I keep one handy for this. Provided you are studying facial features this will enable you a good starting point and another option besides photo references.

Jack incredible thread and a wonderful idea for keeping people motivated and ontop of their progression. I myself have only started 3d modelling about a week ago, Because of work, my girlfreind and helping to look after her 18month old son I dont get that much time. However I've found Zbrush easy to move around and so have managed to put a few things together.

With my posts I want to get into the habit of giving some feedback on other peoples as there is some great stuff here.
    Jackzhang - Great studys, the Ab head was well out together and technically accurate. Would like to see colour though.
    goldenturd - I'm loving your artistic direction, the cartoony feel is brilliant and really smacks of Team Fortress (in a good way). Looking forward to seeing your next project.
    bludragon - Nice studys, Have you found its easy to piece together everything after?

The overall time spent on the below was about 5 hours, however the form was fleshed out fairly quickly before i got anal on the details I like the idea of sticking to 1 or 2 hours though as it will narrow out my need to go detail crazy and focus on form and shape.

Started off with a cube and after a couple of hours had this...

Mainfacefront1.jpg mainfaceside1.jpg

Left it there and then the next day further went with it creating this

Mainfacefront2.jpg mainfaceside2.jpg

I didnt use any reference material on the first sculpt hence the slightly hazy details, and then used some pictures on here to try and work out how you guys do eyes. Im stil way way off and its my biggest bugbear at the moment. The lips need detailing, especially the bottom lip and of course their is colouring (which i havent even worked out how to start)

Important thing is I'm loving every minute. This truly is such a great medium to work in.

Thanks for looking.

Default a little longer than an hour

hi nice thread, i got lazy lately so i am gonna participate,
    here is mine didn't really watch the clock but about 2 hours

sketch01.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

Hey guys, just saw this awesome thread. Here is my contribution for the day. Two hours from a sphere. Hope you like it.

HornHead.jpg

HornHead_02.jpg
    Currently looking for employment

marcusjacksonart.com

My Zsketchbook

My Blog

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast