Default Stephen Babb's Sketchbook - Alien Cyborg

Thought I'd start a thread to show my works. The amount of inspiration I have gotten from the artist here is amazing. Thank you very much

This image is of an alien cyborg. The idea behind the cybernetic pieces is that it amplifies his telekinetic powers.Mostly this was an experiment that started out as a sphere to try out the new polish and plane brushes, but I ended up making a bust. I am currently learning ZBrush and putting together a portfolio.

Glad to hear opinions and critiques!

Alien_Head_small_comp.jpg
    Last edited by Stephen Babb; 01-21-10 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Change of Title

Default Dragon Statue

Here is a dragon statue I did for a scene I was working on.

dragon_zspheres.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Default The completed scene

Here is the scene containing the dragon and other elements. Low poly was done in 3dsMax while all the details were sculpted in Zbrush.

scene_small.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Yo Babbs whats happening bro. This is Mike Nelson from Westwood. Nice pieces here you are gonna be great someday.

Hey Mike, nice to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words. I have a long way to go! Unfortunately I have been very busy at work this last year so I could not do as much ZBrush as I would have liked. I have a bit of time off in between projects now though so I hope to put some stuff together for my portfolio

Really like that metal flesh effect on the top head study..That silver inlaid into the flesh the way you've done it, is a real eye catcher...Great effect...

Thanks SpiritDreamer! I appreciate the feedback

I have been following your work for quite sometime. I really admire that you make so many pieces and are uniquely creative. Alot of your work has a painterly feel to it. Keep 'em coming!

Default Tentacles WIP

This is my current project. It is based on a drawing I did a few years back. Still have to add in details. I hope to get 'em painted and positioned soon tentacles_small.jpg

Hey Stephen!

These are fantastic! I especially enjoyed the fully detailed scene!

Great creature...I don't remember ever seeing one like that before...unique style..and creature...

Hey Stephen! I'd no idea you started your artwork thread here! Well done!
    I really like your dark style Hope to see more of your concept art depicted in 3d! Keep it up my friend
    My updated portfolio
    My sketchbook
    My 3d prints
    Available for full time / freelance job

Very cool, look forward to see where tentacles goes.
    Dustin
    .:|Sketch Book |:.

FoxHound1984 - Thank you! I enjoyed creating the scene. It was a part time project that took me a while to complete because I could only work on it after work, and usually very late at night.

SpiritDreamer - Hey thanks SpiritDreamer. I can't wait to get in there and polypaint him.

Aumakua - My friend, good to see you in the forums! You have been a HUGE inspiration to me personally Yup, I figured I would finally start a thread of my own - about time! I seem to enjoy creating the darker stuff!

Thanks again for the feedback, I really appreciate it

Default Tentacles Color WIP

Had some time to add a bit of detail and rough in the base colors. Hope to get the majority of painting done tonight - we'll see
    tentacles_color_wip_small.jpg

This is as far as I'm going tonight. I'll finish up the paint tomorrow. Changed the eyes and muted the bright pink, along with a bunch of minor details - still a ways to go!

Any advice or comments are much appreciated

tentacles_3.jpg
    tentacles_3_comp.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast