ZBrushCentral

John Gavin- Sketchbook

Hi everyone,

Long time follower, here goes my first post. Just finished up this Knight today. My goal for this personal project was to complete a game character as quickly and efficiently as possible, and to also try out opacity maps as little more, as I've used them very little previously. This all took 5 days to complete. And for the most part I'm happy with how it turned out. Low Poly: 8,983 tris total/2k Color, Normal, Spec, Opacity [![Knight_Small.jpg|1200x978](upload://fVvt7Cp5hPNroRillhjR7XkU5bA.jpeg)]![CharacterStripSmall.jpg|1200x1919](upload://xFK46dZmiv1rbpzHlul3t78CD6D.jpeg) [](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_zbc_display_images)

High Poly:

Attachments

CharacterStripSmall.jpg

I’d say start with a better pose so he silhouette better. He’s a little hard to read.

It’s also had to tell what type of material his skin is made of?

There are alot of technical things that should probably be re-worked but good job in 5 days and good job on the poly count.

Yeah the skin especially tends to make everything blend together.

What are some of the technical things that still need work? Feel free to critique it a little more Mrguy.

Been meaning to post these on here…

10_full.jpg

Attachments

04_full.jpg

11_full2.jpg

Nice…render… :slight_smile: :+1:

Nice work mate, especially in the latest images you posted. The render looks very nice but i think you can push a lil bit more specular on the eyes so it looks more realistic.

About the first character, it looks too bumpy if that makes sense.
The armor, the weapon, the floor and the skin have the same amount of bump/displacement whatever you used and makes the character real flat. Also what mrguy said, you can’t really tell what kind of skin this guy has, looks like he is made of stone or something like that.

I hope that makes sense, keep it up :slight_smile:

@cheez - Thanks for the feedback. Ya totally understand. Maybe I’ll go back and work on it one of these days…

Here’s some more screen caps of the soldier. I also forgot to mention that it’s based on one of Josh Nizzi’s concept arts.

[11_full.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘197073’,‘12_full.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

12_full.jpg

Really awesome work :+1: . The armor looks very clean and well detailed.

@Muddpitt: Thanks!!

Here’s a low poly snowboarder I finished recently.

[Snow1.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘199018’,‘Snow3.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

Snow3.jpg

Finally getting around to updating this thread. :slight_smile:

i like the exaggerated proportions and design of the joints - the forearm solution especially

This Swat character came together rather quickly for a personal project. Final render taken in keyshot… Let me know if you have a suggestions! What’s the weakest part? Thanks in advance.

I dig his bulky/wide feel. Makes him feel a bit stylized and powerful. Nothing sticks out as “bad” to me, I think with good textures and shaders this guy could look awesome!

@tobbeo -Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it. I was definitely going for a little more stylized look, especially with the wrinkles.

great sculpt man you should have posed him with a weapon instead of a flashlight it wouldve been cool tio see that and those handcuffs are hugeee you can like cuff his neck with those things lol