ZBrushCentral

ZScript Modeling Session by Ken Brilliant

[attach=101788]user_image-1019773141uob.jpg[/attach]

Just added to the ZScript Library: Ken Brilliant’s masterful Alien Modeling Session.
In a two-part recorded ZScript session (with notes inserted), master modeler Ken Brilliant shows us how he creates a detailed model, then uses TextureMaster to create a detailed texture for it.

Newbies and old-bees alike will gain valuable insight by “peeking over the shoulder” of this gifted (and sometimes demented ;)) artist.

Thanks, Ken!
dave

EDIT: 2:45 p.m.
Some users reported problems with the ZTool included in the download. This problem has been fixed and the file has been replaced; we apologize for any inconvenience.

Attachments

user_image-1019773141uob.jpg

Zippy Skippy…I’m there! :cool:

beauty Davey!! Thanks to you and Ken for the early Christmas present!!!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Awesome; I’ve been waiting for this :slight_smile: I’ll check it out now…

Thankyou Ken; and Thankyou Davey :slight_smile:

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY.

I’ll be taking a look at this as soon as I get home.

I just took a look at the modelling Script, I still have the texturing one to go.

And boy did I learn a HELL of a lot. Thank you so much; both of you :slight_smile: This is fantastic.

I had no idea of the XYZ, thingys that allow you to change what direction the “move” tool will edit the mesh. Damn that’s handy.

Finally!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yahoooo!

Holy crap, is that amazing. Just got done watching the texture Zscript.

I am in total awe struck.

There was just so much I didnt know. Like the fact that you can use 2D tools, such as the shading tool whilst in ZBrush.

I always used those things after my model was snapshotted to the background. Damn.

I also had no idea that you could use the smudge tool like that, to blend colors. How damn cool.

Thank you once again to Davey and Ken, awesome stuff :slight_smile:

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: I just ran the modeling script and everything ran fine. I ran the texture master script and keep gettting a message that it encountered an error trying to load the tool. I keep getting this error:

“An Error has been encountered while trying to load a tool. Loading has been aborted.”

It then asks if I want to manually load it and I click YES. I find the tool and then try to load it and it gives me the error message again and then says the tool must be in the same folder as the script. It is in the same folder! I have deleted the entire folder, re-downloaded the file and unzipped it twice now into two different locations and it will not work. Any suggestions??? :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: Big bummer!

I do not do much modeling but this might help to change my mind. Thanks to all those involved.

Just getting ready to post the same question, Mentat. Would love to watch the rest of the script. Can’t even load the tool manually.

BTW, Ken…this guy is just as terrifying from the other angles as he was in your original picture.

I had that problem also, heres how I solved it

After the modelling session, save the Ztool as somthing of another name, for example KensAlien.ZTL

Now load the texture tutorial, it will tell you it cant load the tool, and will ask you if YOU would like to locate it.

Choose the KensAlien.ZTL that you saved after the modelling session and your good to go.

Cal’s workaround seems to do the trick. After the modeling script has run just save the tool with a different name then run the TM script. When it asks if you want to load the tool manually click yes and load the new tool that you saved. It worked just fine then. Thanks Cal!

Thanks for letting us know about the problem :slight_smile:

We have replaced the file which was causing errors. If you encounter any other difficulties, let us know.

Enjoy,
dave

I just finished the script and feel quite enlightened :slight_smile: I learned SO much from watching this, I can’t thank you enough. So many new tools and techniques to try out, so little time…

a mega :cool: script, Ken and Davey!!! muchas gracias for teaching in such an entertaining way!!!

• juandel

Whoa! How did I miss this yesterday? Thank you both, Ken and Davey!

Ken and Dave I just wanted to say thank you! Thank you for putting these processes into a cohesive and easily understandable tutorial. I would just like to point out that although I use many of the techniques outlined it is SO nice to see that other people do this too! It is very encouraging and helps to reinforce the techniques. Also Ken your script makes it look like a very clean and well-planned process and I like that very very much. Seems like many of my sessions go chaotic and wind up in the trash bin :smiley: You have given me a new guiding light to help me stay on the path. I would also point out that there were a few things in TextureMaster that I didn’t realize you could do such as creating the alpha from the 3D spheres on the fly. Cool! Kudos to you and bravo to Dave for putting the finishing touches on an already fabulous script! My hat is off to you gentlemen! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Totally outstanding! Incredibly useful tut and incredible art. :smiley: