Senior Member User Gallery

Post ZScript Modeling Session by Ken Brilliant

user_image-1019773141uob.jpg

Just added to the ZScript Library: Ken Brilliant's masterful Alien Modeling Session.
    In a two-part recorded ZScript session (with notes inserted), master modeler Ken Brilliant shows us how he creates a detailed model, then uses TextureMaster to create a detailed texture for it.

Newbies and old-bees alike will gain valuable insight by "peeking over the shoulder" of this gifted (and sometimes demented ) artist.

Thanks, Ken!
    dave

EDIT: 2:45 p.m.
    Some users reported problems with the ZTool included in the download. This problem has been fixed and the file has been replaced; we apologize for any inconvenience.

Cool

Zippy Skippy...I'm there!

beauty Davey!! Thanks to you and Ken for the early Christmas present!!!

Awesome; I've been waiting for this I'll check it out now....

Thankyou Ken; and Thankyou Davey

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY.

I'll be taking a look at this as soon as I get home.
    The direction of companion mind should cooperate with rescue at lighting of a red lamp,or a buzzer. Please give me connection from a nearly extraordinary telephone.

I just took a look at the modelling Script, I still have the texturing one to go.

And boy did I learn a HELL of a lot. Thank you so much; both of you This is fantastic.

I had no idea of the XYZ, thingys that allow you to change what direction the "move" tool will edit the mesh. Damn that's handy.

Finally!!!

User Gallery

Yahoooo!

Holy crap, is that amazing. Just got done watching the texture Zscript.

I am in total awe struck.

There was just so much I didnt know. Like the fact that you can use 2D tools, such as the shading tool whilst in ZBrush.

I always used those things after my model was snapshotted to the background. Damn.

I also had no idea that you could use the smudge tool like that, to blend colors. How damn cool.

Thank you once again to Davey and Ken, awesome stuff

User Gallery

I just ran the modeling script and everything ran fine. I ran the texture master script and keep gettting a message that it encountered an error trying to load the tool. I keep getting this error:

"An Error has been encountered while trying to load a tool. Loading has been aborted."

It then asks if I want to manually load it and I click YES. I find the tool and then try to load it and it gives me the error message again and then says the tool must be in the same folder as the script. It is in the same folder! I have deleted the entire folder, re-downloaded the file and unzipped it twice now into two different locations and it will not work. Any suggestions??? Big bummer!

I do not do much modeling but this might help to change my mind. Thanks to all those involved.

Just getting ready to post the same question, Mentat. Would love to watch the rest of the script. Can't even load the tool manually.

BTW, Ken...this guy is just as terrifying from the other angles as he was in your original picture.

I had that problem also, heres how I solved it

After the modelling session, save the Ztool as somthing of another name, for example KensAlien.ZTL

Now load the texture tutorial, it will tell you it cant load the tool, and will ask you if YOU would like to locate it.

Choose the KensAlien.ZTL that you saved after the modelling session and your good to go.

User Gallery

Cal's workaround seems to do the trick. After the modeling script has run just save the tool with a different name then run the TM script. When it asks if you want to load the tool manually click yes and load the new tool that you saved. It worked just fine then. Thanks Cal!

Thanks for letting us know about the problem

We have replaced the file which was causing errors. If you encounter any other difficulties, let us know.

Enjoy,
    dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast