New Member Follow
    User Gallery

You've already given us so much in the way of tutorials, and yet I greedily ask for more - could you show or explain how you achieved that great illustrative quality in the rocket landing title picture when rendering out of Zbrush? Especially the yellow quasi-rim light on the arm - is it a special pass with a non-matcap material? I wish we could adjust lights in matcaps, but I doubt we can do that in 4r8...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks a lot, Geert.

Your enthusiasm literally radiates from my monitor!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

CWR63: Thanks so much for your nice comment :-) don't bother to ask, the only issue is time... you made a correct observation: I used MatCaps for the base render and made additional passes to add extra lighting: I used the BasicMaterial and tweaked the ambient, diffuse and specular settings and set it as a backlight (I switched of all polypaint so the renders were in black and white) I imported it in Photoshop as a layer and added a Color Filter with the orange/yelowish color and set the layer to Screen. HTH!!

Erik Heyninck: you are welcome Erik :-) it was great to be able to work on/with the new features - one can't be anything but enthousiastic - let's create!!!

New Member Follow
    User Gallery

Thanks, I appreciate the explanation - as time goes by I am increasingly more interested in non-photorealistic rendering techniques. Excellent technique and results!

*Here's what I did with said technique:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...40#post1211340

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10355056575859