Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Smile

Santis: thanks bud! On the spine issue: I have to admit that I’m working on a version where every vertebrae is ZSketched and polished separately, but it’s an imense work: sculpting it as one volume is gave me a good feeling of it’s proportions and main shape though. The update below won’t be of much use to you, but make sure to keep an eye out for the next – I’ll be taking things a step further! Looking forward to seeing your skeleton worx!

Moni-Poroni: clock is ticking… 20 hours, 19, 18… . On the style thing: you’re right, it’s meant to be nothing more than a study/reference model but it does have a certain aestethic to it, which will even be reinforced in the next update (not the one below, but the next one), you’ll see. 17… 16… 15…

Alexmarik: thanks a lot man, and thanks for letting me know! Here’s more – and more to come! Hope u like .

Calum5ZB: thank you friend! Hope you had a great (Z) weekend too quote:”You make every thing appear to be so straight forward” well I struggled so long trying to find my way to good info on drawing/sculpting (that is, until I bumped into ZBrush and ZBC), I hope my thread points people in the right direction faster, hopefully saving them some time and frustration… .

Marsyas: me too Geoff, only thing is… I’d like to have a life-size print too… still not quite sure on how to tackle that one. I wish there would be something like that 3d-imaging device they had in the first season of Bones.

Cherea: Thank you for your kind and very motivating comments!!! I hope you’ll like my next skeleton updates too! I hope all is well for you and look forward to seeing some of your new worx on ZBC soon!

Thumb_IIIo.jpg
    T_A_Post_009_Page_001o.jpg

EtcherTube_Title_Page_Quick.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZBCThumb1.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	5.7 KB 
ID:	170334  

nice thread man!, im curious as to why you would do this type of sketch in zbrush as compared to that of something like photoshop... is there some type of advantage? Also what tablet are you using?

Senior Member Follow
    User Gallery

Hey Geert, great to see your back in action, just checking by... any sculpts coming up? keep em coming... M.
    Best regards mutte
    My ZBC sketchbook / Z4beta thread
    My ARTSTATION
    BLOGSPOT
    freelance cg sculptor/creature designer

Smile

Hexadecimator: thanks, glad u like! Quote:"im curious as to why you would do this type of sketch in zbrush as compared to that of something like photoshop... is there some type of advantage" that's a great question! For me, ZBrush is a core concepting tool: it has very powerful instruments to help me visualize my 2 and 3 dimensional ideas. Everything starts in ZBrush and then - if needed- goes out to "secondary" software that specializes in a certain area (Photoshop for image manipulation, C4D for animation, ... etc). Both PaintStop and Quicksketch are great for 2D work. Anyways, I like to stay within the ZBrush work environment for as long as possible. I use a Wacom A4 tablet (Intuos 3) - although I carry an old, cheap, small Wacom (30 USD) to sculpt on the go. hth .

mutte696: thanks for stopping by! . Had to take break for my TTVOR character stuff to do this hardsurface anatomy thing (had been on my mind for a long time!). Time!!!!!!

Need more Z-time! Need more ZBC - time!

hey etcher great updates ,dude.
    love the stylized look of the skeleton so far

Time..
    its all about time isn't it?
    Our most precious thing it is i think

Hey Etcher, nice sketch and video and I found you on youtube. Subscribed.

PS: I`ll post something tomorrow.

Ahhhh tools, tools, tools, softwares, softwares ....
    The most important is the way you use them! No matter which software you prefer to work with, if you don't observe the world around you, they are useless.
    Your approach is personal, well thought and most important, sensitive!
    Keep up the good work my friend!
    My new website: http://cedricbabouche.com
    new updates,videos, images

Hey Etcher, good to see you posting again. Thanks for popping by with the smooting tip, it certainly is awesome... along with the polish brush I managed to flatten the cr@p out of most of those little knots!

Loving the clean forms of the new skeleton, my friend, and looking forward to seeing more from behind The Thin Veil...

Schieffer: thanks bud! Time... gonna' work hard today, try to get more updates out... .

Moni-Poroni: Thank you!!!!! YouTube: did you see; you're my first YouTube friend , is that a coincidence? Quote:"PS: I`ll post something tomorrow." great, I'll keep my eye on ZBC tonight! .

Yona: thanks for such kind and encourageing words friend! I couldn't agree with you more on the software thing: computer, software, pencil & paper aren't capable of producing anything without the control of the human body and brain (& chimp )

Rawsunlight: thank you Herman!! The new release is taxing on the brain, isn't it? So many new possibilities ... . Glad I could be of some help . Updates'll follow soon (ish).

Hey ho, yeah, I saw that I`m your first friend there and as I said before -- your no.1 fan.
    Regarding my update ooops.... I missed my own deadline again.... aaaaahhhh!!!!!!
    ....but I`m rendering at the moment.
    I need to go to bed now because I have to stand up in.. oh noo.... aaahhhh... less than 4 hours.
    I hope to see a finished rendered pic when I stand up... and when I`m back home -- come hell or high water -- I`ll post it!

Quote:” I wasn't even up-to-date with R2” c’mon
    Man – get up to speed- it’s total coolness!!
    Hahaha I know! it's the brushes, too many

Man, AWESOME idea and execution on the anatomy synthesis models.. can't wait to see this prototiped, will look so great! I love the simple lines... oh, and thanks a bunch for the video, a pleasure to watch, as usual

Member Follow User Gallery

Great thread man!
    There to many awesome work here that I'll surely use as references guide.

Congrats

Smile

Moni-Poroni: hey friend, how's that render? Hopefully you'll be able to post today! !

Ville: thanks again for the support and motivating feedback Daniel! Quote:"can't wait to see this prototiped" me either, but I'd like to get a live sized print!!! stupid ideas . Here's the progress so far, hope u like .

Thumb_IVo.jpg

T_A_Post_010_Page_001o.jpg

T_A_Post_010_Page_002o.jpg

T_A_Post_010_Page_003o.jpg

EtcherTube_Title_Page_Color_to polygroup_Anatomy.jpg

TTVOR_BT_02_12_09.jpg
    TTVOR_BTB_02_12_09.jpg

Sick work! I love how organic the construction feels on this. And using the polygroups from your pen sketch is just brilliant stuff man. I wouldn't have thought of that one.