ZBrushCentral

JMC3D Sketchbook

I’m starting this sketchbook off with a quick sculpt of a foot soldier from the 1980’s TMNT cartoon series. I loved the series as a kid and still watch the old episodes from time to time. I plan to do a series of TMNT characters, but for now here’s the foot WIP…

[foot composite2.jpg]

Progress on my foot character… Almost done.

[foot composite3.jpg]foot composite4.jpg

working on a bust of Ritchie Valens…

[valens1.jpg]

batou_detail1.jpg

I haven’t posted in a while, so here’s my latest WIP.

Hell yeah ! I love Batou.
Great job

Please do Motoko too!
and Monkey Grumps of course.

Great sculpts!

U

>Guedin- Thank you! You have some awesome work as well. I love Shirow Masamune’s characters, so I hope to successfully capture Batou’s essence when I’m done.

>usurpator- Thank you very much! I planned on doing Motoko as well, so we’ll see if I can get around to it. Who’s Monkey Grumps? Haha! You referring to Aramaki?

Yes, that’s chief Arakami! :slight_smile:

This is what I’ve been working on here and there for the past couple of days. I sketched up a quick concept and took it from there. It started as an exercise with dynamesh and decided to push it further. I’m still experimenting with the overall shape, so Its still very much a WIP.

Critiques and tips are always welcome. Thanks.

Concept.jpgProcess_comp.jpgDetails2.jpg

This is Rusty from The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot series. If you’ve never heard of it, check it out, its great. This is a WIP and I’m looking to optimize the meshes and turn him into a game character.

Crits and tips always welcome.

comp.jpg

Zsketch of my take on Bruce Wayne with and without the mask.Wayne_Bat.jpg

Nice work in your sketchbook and great job on your last one aswell!:+1:
Great proportions in his face!
Looking forward seeing more from you
Best regards and happy sculpting,

• Kenny:)

Hi Kenny,

Thank you for taking the time to view and comment. You have some great work as well.

-J

This has to be one of the most memorable Marvel characters for me. I’d even go as far as saying he’s my favorite character in the Marvel universe. I personally feel that I’m at a place where I can finally start tackling some of the nostalgic characters from my childhood and do them justice. So here’s my take on James Howlett, AKA Logan, AKA Wolverine. Somewhat stylized at the moment, and very much a WIP.

Hey JMC_3D,
nice sculpt! I like the clean look! At the first look i recognized the sternocleidomastoideus … it’s a bit too heavy i’d say.

Waiting for the final :+1:

Cxyda

Thanks for the critique. I’ve actually made the Sternocleidomastoid muscle more pronounced for stylistic purposes. This is just a quick sculpt to get the base shapes in place, so it could look very different once its done. Thanks again for pointing that out ;).

-J

Another favorite childhood character. WIP

Mugen from Samurai Champloo. Quick bust with some Photoshop to get a better idea of the direction I’m heading in.

Working on multiple personal projects for my portfolio to keep the momentum and stay motivated. I re-visited my Bruce Wayne/Batman bust, which was a speed sculpt to begin with, but the more I looked at it, the more I needed to change it. I went back to the comic books for reference and gave Bruce his rugged heavy features. Crits and comments are welcome as always. Thanks.Bruce_Update.jpg

Looks like the guy is having a bad hair day…:smiley: