ZBrushCentral

Scripts for 3.5

Maybe it could be the right time to create places for scripts by ZBrush version. Thinks are going to be very confused pretty soon. And v.4 is already on its way…

Yes, I’ll be tidying the 3.1 stuff away to the ‘archived’ forum shortly.

Hey Marcus, any chance you could update the set startup material script?? I miss that one.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

You don’t really need a script for that. Just do this:

1. Start ZBrush.

2. Immediately after the startup sphere has loaded, press Material>Load and select the material you want to use as your startup material. The material will be loaded into the ‘slot’ used by the default MatCap Red Wax.

3. Press Document>Save As Startup Doc.

Now whenever you start ZBrush your custom material will be loaded.

*Note that if you use the Preferences>Init ZBrush button to initialize ZBrush, the Red Wax material will return. To get you custom material back, simply open the StartupDocument.zbr from the ZStartup folder.

• If you want to keep the Red Wax material available then simply save a copy to the ZStartup\Materials folder.

HTH,

wow, thanks Marcus!
I had no idea and I’ve been wanting to do replace red wax for a while.

glad I ran into this thread today.

Thanks alot Marcus. :+1:

Matt

Odd, I can’t seem to get this to work in 3.5r3.

When zbrush first starts up, I can see the material on the default sphere that I chose to save in my startup document. But then after about .5 seconds it gets replaced by the default red wax material. :confused:

That’s odd, it works for me. You might try editing the defaultzscript to stop the sphere loading to see if that makes a difference. You can set the start up pretty much how you want. Here’s some info:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=79709