User Gallery

well thanks anyway your the best so keep it up!

thanks for the reply ncollings, thanks for the hardbody baking tip, i use maya to bake my hardbody objects, i am unsure if it is just as good as the one in max... what would you prefer to bake in xnormal that you wouldn't in 3dsmax though?
    ---Available for freelance---

www.villadome-cg.com
    My sculpting sketchbook

Member User Gallery

Default Totally great stuff sir !!!

I have spend less than 1 week to finish AC2 because the graphic was attractive. I really admire you and your team mates. All of you had done a great work.

I have a question about the work flow. ( Im just a newbie to 3D graphic so im sorry if my question is stupid)

Did you create mesh from 3dsmax first and then scuplted in ZB or you scuplted in ZB and then retopology. I tried to read all the comments but I could not get the answers.

Additionally, about the normal maps, why dont u use the creating normal funtion right in ZB and you use xNormal instead of that? Does xNormal work better than normal map creating in ZB?

Senior Member User Gallery

KonginChains: i use xnormals when i need to bake a hipoly obj of more than 500k polys, if it's lower than that i usually bake it in max .

LeECO: the basemesh is created in max then i switch in zbrush for sculpting. And if i don't use zmapper it's because my hipoly models don't have uvs. Sometimes i used zmapper for object that were already unwarped. But not anymore though, because in ZB3.5 R3 there is no zmapper anymore and the new normalmap generation tool doesn't allow use to setup the specific settings that we need to avoid seems issues etc . So now i just stick with 3dsmax and xnormals for baking my maps.
    Lead character artist - Blur Studio
    http://nicolascollings.com/

Ubisoft work
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed 2

New Member User Gallery

Fantastic work!
    Modeling and Textuting detail is really awesome!!
    Online Portfolio - dzinelab.com

@ncollings: hey you wouldn't happen to have a front, back and sides render of Ezio in the Altair armour would you? I'm currently in the process of making it for real and its hard to get good ref outside of screenshots from the game....

Default your the man

you rock dude good job

Member User Gallery

robo3687, if U have the game, you can use program like 3d reaper and export ezio's model to 3ds max. this works actually, i have tried it recently.

ncollings
    , I got a question. while you're working on the character model in max are you using any references? for proportions for example? or are u making it all by yourself? and, im almost sure your characters contain from several pieces. so you create those in max, then export them all separately as .obj to zbrush, append all those pieces as subtools. then sculpt, texture and again export all those separately? or is this just one detailed mesh? Cheers.

New Member User Gallery

you really did a great job, i'm curious too on how you make it? Did you browse for pics first for your project and enhance a little bit to be perfect for your project. Just curious..
    Stories are like fairy world of warcraft gold, the more you give away, the more you have.

New Member User Gallery

HAy ....
    Great JOB......I JUst LIKED ur work....

New Member User Gallery

Default Pack of 3d models from AC2 and ACB downloable?

you know sometimes is hard to find or make the models or get a way to get the original models and textures and im think what for you can be easy if you will be put the pack AC2 And ACB well can be nice im thinking im rigging all that from some games like call of duty black ops or resident evil etc... if you can put it the link or send me via pm great

Great job grettings

Member User Gallery

thanks for posting this, great example of what one needs to learn!

Thanks everyone for you comment. I had such a great time working on that franchise. Seems like a long time ago already

Quote Originally Posted by claymoresacb
    you know sometimes is hard to find or make the models or get a way to get the original models and textures and im think what for you can be easy if you will be put the pack AC2 And ACB well can be nice im thinking im rigging all that from some games like call of duty black ops or resident evil etc... if you can put it the link or send me via pm great

Great job grettings
    haha for sure I ll do it give me 5 min
    Lead character artist - Blur Studio
    http://nicolascollings.com/

Ubisoft work
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin's Creed 2

how do you make clothing in 3dsmax do you start with planes any help would be nice
    Last edited by 3D-User; 08-28-11 at 05:03 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 39101112