User Gallery

looking real nice........Glad you covered up the grass by her buttocks........
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    " Life is the art of drawing without an eraser "

Senior Member User Gallery

I really like your simpler pieces. The skull with the flower afro is great with wonderful colours.

Your last one is coming along really well, with all the elements working together. If I could make one comment, it seems a bit lopsided to the left to me - perhaps try extending the black of the canvas to the left till it feels balanced? Or maybe try extending the rock to the left of the head and move the cicada with it so they don't line up with the rock at bottom left and continue the flow of the piece.
    Last edited by Bonecradle; 03-15-12 at 01:22 AM.

User Gallery

MAR. 15, 2012

Thanks Deke ...Yep, I guess that that clump of moss by her buttock could be misconstrude....Just wanted to give her something soft to sit on..

Bonecradle...Hey, Thank You for the visit,,,I'm Honored..Luv your work....I like that suggestion that you put forth also....Good eye there.....I'll see what I can do with it..

Thanks guys..
    Glenn

Did a little experimenting and exploring futher on this piece this morning with the LightCap feature....Amazing feature...Luv it..
    ALL ZBRUSH

Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 03-15-12 at 03:41 AM.

User Gallery

MAR. 16, 2012
    More FiberMesh experimenting on and with this piece this morning.
    All ZBRUSH
    Glenn

Cool

SpiritDreamer,

Your style has really progressed over the last couple of years. your use of colors seem to have a velvet quality to them, IMHO, a quality that I like allot. I like how in this current piece, even though the colors are still in your darkish other worldly pallet, the scenery almost feels alive. Like the Nature spirits almost take form in each natural object of the scene.

Very cool!

I am looking forward to your next piece!
    My Gallery site Shameless plug!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDreamer View Post
    MAR. 11, 2012
    FiberMesh/LightCap fun this morning.
    Glenn

Hey Glenn Love this one! Is this a dead head tribute? I will get by! Keep up the great work
    Last edited by SEGAHOLIC; 03-16-12 at 09:52 PM.

User Gallery

MAR. 17, 2012

Gridlost...Hey, Thank You very much for the kind words and thoughts about my work ...I'm fortunite enough to live near the ocean, a salt water marsh, and an overgrown with moss and grasses abandoned granite quarry that has nice cliff ledges that have waterfalles when it rains...A whole little mini world with all of the elements needed to create scenes like the ones i've been doing lately..I spend alot of time these days walking my dog and absorbing what I see around me,...alot of magic happening in nature,..just have to take the time to take mental notes and notice it..

Segaholic...Hey Thanks Man..Glad you enjoy that one....Just one of those quicky experiments that turned out the way it wanted to..Wasn't preconcieved..intentionally anyway..

Thanks for the visit guys..Always welcomed, useful, and also very much appreciated..
    Glenn

Start of a little FiberMesh / LightCap experiment this morning.
    All ZBRUSH

Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 03-17-12 at 05:20 AM.

Glenn, this morning's post is one of your best! How did you achieve the reflection? Is it just the fibermesh trees flipped? And the gradient of the light on the water surface is stunning. I know more or less how to do it in PS but how in the world did you do in in Zbrush?
    Deviantart

An old dog, learning some new tricks.
    Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!
    Crowe T. Robot: I don't know why he does it, or who lets him do it!

User Gallery

Hey ! I really like your #1950 Bear at the Grotto image....It captures the depth of the environment, quite magical.....
    ...email me
    ...on facebook

User Gallery

Mar. 18, 2012

VoodooDad...Thanks Man ..About your questions,...The lighting, ...was all done in ZBRUSH LightCap..I just played with the sliders...new lights layers thing,... and whatever else I could fiddle with in that feature until I got what was needed for the scene..It'sa a new feature to me, so can't be much help to you there...just alot of trial and error,..mostly error..at this stage of the game anyway.
    For the reflection part that you asked about....I just took a couple of primitives,..the Helix 30 and the Sweep Profile 3d ones and played with them in the Initialize feature of ZBRUSH..bottom right on your screen list menue,..until I got a shape that I thought would be interesting for the fibers to grow on, and just went from there...Brought the shape onto the screen after it had vines growing from it..it reminded me of a tree on a pond shoreline,..so I just drew a line divideing the fibermesh tool where I thought the shoreline would look good...I like the idea of growing the fibers on wierd abstract or organic type of shapes...never know what to expect when the fibers appear

Hey Deke...Thanks Man...Glad you like that one.....It's my favorite of the bunch also..captures what I was after..feeling and moodwise...

I put together a visual explanation for VoodooDad this morning...May be useful to someone else..also...who knows..Thought I would post it just in case it may be..

All ZBRUSH
    Glenn

User Gallery

wow, i really love that last image (post #1953), amazing !! and, what a great idea to use those primitves to create the greenery together with the reflection. nice. thanks for sharing that :-)
    my fun with zbrush thread, my homepage riolama, and my zbrush blog

Interesting tests Glenn !
    You gave me some ideas actually.

Quote Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
    wow, i really love that last image (post #1953), amazing !! and, what a great idea to use those primitves to create the greenery together with the reflection. nice. thanks for sharing that :-)
    I can just concur, amazing work really cool idea, I will definenly check that out for my last UDK project, planning on doing an environment jungle set, so that would be a great way, thanks for sharing!
    - Kenny
    Kenny Carmody
    Student for 3D-Modelling and 3D-Sculpting
    ShowReel May2012 -
    http://vimeo.com/42027953
    CGHub Portfolio - http://kc-production.cghub.com/
    Blogfolio -
    http://kennycarmody-art.blogspot.de/

User Gallery

What a cool way to " break out of da box " excellent stuff - Deke
    ...email me
    ...on facebook

Thumbs up

Brilliant idea with the Lathe function with fibermesh!