ZBrushCentral

QUESTION recording & playing back zscript works in 3.1 not in 3.5?

QUESTION☼

When I record my brush strokes in ZB 3.1 using the z script→record and then load the script back in after doing everything I wanted recorded (a few brush stokes in variouse angle views) I play it back and it works perfectly. Well when i try doing the exact same thing in 3.5 it only records the brush strokes and none of the view port stuff, so the brush strokes end up being placed in the wrong spot and it goes all wacko? I looked at the scripts from each version on separate computers and they looked identical to me?(i read the zscript info and comand list havent tried to create anything so dont know much on it) I have looked through the forums but i only found possible work a-rounds that i didn’t completely get, didn’t even find anyone that had encountered the problem? any suggestions? should i post the script recordings or any thing?
Any help is apreciated !!! I was so happy when this worked in 3.1 an dit would make my work so much faster if i could getit to go rigght in 3.5.

am I missing something obvious?

If you’d like to post the zscript here then I’ll take a look.

I was talking with Paul at siggraph about this…but my laptop wouldnt coroperate…
The attached files are from ZB3. Sorry for the late reply Ihave been really busy, abut I finnally have some test files together.
In the zip file are the document tool and script I recorded from 3.1 and 3.5r3
I set the alpha and brush type before recording and dont initialize when asked…then in the Zscript menu I hit record, and in the stroke_Inventory menu I make sure its recording(maybe thats not actually nessisary?).
After that in 3.1 I can move around the scene painting what ever, then save the strokes. It saves the way they were applied in the viewport, 3.5r3 doesnt thats the thing I am hopeing can be fixed. In 3.1 I then can change my alpha and color and play the script back to add highlights or extra detail to the brush strokes I just made.
Are the files and explination enouph for y’all to test it or should I send in something else?
Is there a limit to the ZIP file size? its 126mb…dint see it show up in the preview?

uploaded the txt files…Guess the others wouldnt of helped?

Attachments

test3.TXT (8.18 KB)

test3.5.TXT (5.99 KB)

AdaleRene,

If I understand correctly, for what you are trying to achieve there is no need to use ZScript recording, you can do it all through the Stroke menu. The important thing to remember is that any canvas action is recorded, including moving your model, so before replaying the strokes you need to ensure that the model is returned to the original position.

A rough workflow would be:

1. Store the model position.
  2. Turn on Stroke>Inventory>Record to start recording strokes.
  3. Do stuff.
  4. Turn off Stroke>Inventory>Record to stop recording.
  5. Change alpha, brush or whatever.
  6. Restore model position.
  7. Press Stroke>Inventory>Replay All.

You can store the model position using either ZAppLink (use the ‘Cust1’ button in the Document>ZAppLink Properties submenu) or the Image Plane plugin(Texture>Image Plane>Store/Restore).

Let me know if this solves your problem.