ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge: Organic Zspheres ZSketching

[![First-Zskiff-Splash-Screen.jpg|720x450](upload://xegkHhBPY0iPBlq0jSl4A570dHB.jpeg)]

MNC is back Ladies and Gentlemen!
We are going to start off with something easy and well desired.
Organic ZSkiffs!

Here are the rules:

:large_orange_diamond: Must be ORIGINAL!
:large_orange_diamond: Must be entirely created with ZSpheres II ZSketching.
:large_orange_diamond: Must be committed to design (this will matter for the evolution of MNC) 
:large_orange_diamond: Final Entry Must be Completed on 11/08/09 at 11:59pm (GMT-7:00 Mountain TIme US & Canada).

Good Luck!

~MAH~

goood

ok i am in :slight_smile:

great!

got ichy fingers! :wink:

I just want to follow this (I’m on a mac) so subscribing - if mods don’t mind me to. :wink:

Yainderidoo

sorry i don´t understand, i want do something

Final Entry Must be Completed on 11/08/09 = we are november 03/10/2009

where we send the imagesÂż?

11/08/09 = month/day/year! ;D

that could be my chance to finally get in closer touch to 3.5 and its stuff…
I´ll try to make some time for this!

I´m just not sure what “committed to design” means and how this criterion
matters for the evolution of MNC - could you wise me up? :o

anyways - I´m in!
lets shake the ZSkiffs :]

q[’’=_=’’]p

what about drawing zskifs on a plane to keep them on one axis?

also that design thing has me confused too.

are we allowed to turn them into a skin or are they supposed to stay just as they are?

By Committed I mean, Make something you would be happy evolving throughout the MNC. Doesn’t have to be but keep it in mind. Who knows, you week we might have a retrospective or something…lol.

Will be posting something here tonight…was wicked busy with some commercial stuff but I might have a moment or two tonight.

well i decided to give it a go, this is zomi, she lives inside of this creature, she hides her eyes because she can’t stand to see what it does. took about 45mins to do, this wasn’t exactly what i wanted but i let it guide me. i may do another one to compliment this one or in the same theme, this is inspired by borderline personality disorder, so for me at least its not just some generic beasty. i don’t know how much detail to bother with using zskiffs, it seems to get messy. image is a composite of 3 or 4 mats, zbrush crashed when i went to pose it.

[![zomi2.jpg|960x1628](upload://vBJhgCXqoEdvQFRX2DTEK5PnvNm.jpeg)]

//youtu.be/vDba7tyEBgc

Spaceboy412: Hey way to go with whipping out zomi :+1:, ehehe really enjoy the comment

it seems to get messy
in conjunction with the name pomegranate since they are incredibly messy at least for me :laughing:. Hope to see more of your stuff on zbc!!

Maybe i’ll participate if I can think of something that inspires me to do soon. Though I got enough to do already, not to mention my daughter and the ps3 keeping me busy.

Very Interesting indeed!

I wish I could work on Z tonight but alas, duty calls. An old business partner called. With the economy in such a state of flux, he has just acquired an old yet prominent distillery. I am to develop the look and feel of said distillery and re-brand it’s image. Huge work ahead. I will still try to meet deadline for this MNC though.

Keep posting everyone!

MNC is a place for personal growth and progression. I promise that I will personally be as helpful as I can. THERE WILL BE NO NEGATIVE VIBES IN MNC!
If you want to comment here, you MUST be able to see criticism on a positive note! If you can’t think of a positive spin, do not post.

The Beauty of MNC is to encourage ZBrush use as well as Z Exploration and growth. Yes, we as individuals and artist must step outside our comfort zone but to do so here is desired and encourages. If we do not step outside our comfort zone, we do not grow as artists. Do not fear becoming something other then yourself! To do so stops the growth of you!

MNC is key to growth, no stifling crits here.

Spaceboy: Bravo on thinking outside the creature box…and kudos on the image setup. very expressive…with a kind of retro spin (in my eyes anyway).

I have only one word for progression: Refinement. Do another level for form refinement. But otherwise, such a wonderful start to the MNC rebirth.

~MAH~

Been wanting to do one of these for a buddy. He’s rather fond of the creatures.

Zskiffs are the perfect answer.

[Octopuss Render.jpg]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-YBO3NbUPA

angelJ, thanks so much, they are indeed messy, much of this piece was happy-accident-inspired. you know like silly putty, guess thats my brain, lol.

MTB, were there bad crits already? i think if the MNC was posted top row, like it used to be, there would be more interest…
I try to progress, but sometimes its regression thats necessary, you know? haha.
I’m not exactly sure what you mean by refinement, i mean they are just zskifs, could you elaborate in more detail about what could be refined, i have some ideas. i don’t know if i will go back to it, but i might, it seems when i usually go back i start to obsess and i’m trying to avoid that and just keep it fun for myself.

Prosthesis, way to go, welcome to MNC, i’m so glad i didn’t make that cephalapod that i started, lol. looks great, i really love the headcrest and the eyes, very clean too!

Here’s BimPaDak, this is moving more in the direction i wanted, i need to stop doing test renders so small. there is a human shaped space in its center. He had arms but for now i like it without them.

MTB, yeah i’m going for a sort of retro feel.

[BimPaDak-s.jpg]thumb.jpg

The dark side of Zspheres…:slight_smile:

[Tumor-roo.jpg]

hey its good to see the mnc challenges back up and running…

hey space like where your zomi pomegranate concept is going like the idea of the human form trapped inside a monster. really nice contratst between the subject and the background very artistic feel to it… your second creatures eyes remind me of randal the chameleon from monsters inc keep them coming looking forward to where you take these…:wink:

nice sketch Prosthesis interesting use of sketch spheres nice cephalopod…:+1:

hey 3Point14 imaginative concept good to see you entering in mnc…

hey Mahlikus i want to thank you for starting these up again i hope alot of the original people join these when we had them back when we were using irc and i hope it grows with time as more and more members join… looking forward to see what you do for mnc:D

as for me heres the beginning of my sketch…

[mnc 1 organic v1.1.jpg]

hey guys! nice scetches so far :slight_smile:
its a pity that i have to quit :frowning:
I have just too much to do and on top of it I need to backup and reinstall my system after getting the damn “NTLDR is missing”-error … I wasnt successful in fixing this without going to crash the partition table. :E

sry! I whish you alot of fun and inspiration, gonna follow this thread!

froyd

froyd, that sucks, hopefully you’ll get it running soon.
3.14 nice one, mining for zspheres is kinda sad.

troy, nice tasmanian tiger you have there, hopefully you’ll paint it or add a very recessed row of zskifs to make the stripes.
about my creature i think its just cause of the simple cartoony eyes, which are really generic, and perhaps the coloring, which is actually blue but turned purple in composting, my sketches look nothing like that, it originally didn’t have eyes like that but when working on it i thought it needed them.

Troy1617 is that a Tazmanian Tiger I see?

One of my favorite creatures. I wish they weren’t extinct. :frowning:

Very actualized sketch witht he stage and all.