ZBrushCentral

Zbrush to Screensaver

Howdy everyone. Although this is my first post, I’ve been a hidden lurker for awhile now. I’m a 3d hobbyist, and love to see all the wonderful creations everyone’s done here. Hopefully one day I’ll post some of my work, but for now, I’d thought I’d drop a quick and easy way to make your Zbrush movie (or any movie for that matter) into a screensaver. (Hope this is the right place to post this :o

You will need a Zbrush video, and the Bink/Smacker tool you can download from www.radgametools.com.

Create your Zbrush movie, and then load the Bink tool. Your first screen will look something like this:

step1.jpg

You’ll want to make certain you loop it for infinite playback, or else the screensaver will exit on you. You can play with the other settings here too. Then just click on Make EXE.

In Windows, navigate to the executable file, and change the extension to .scr, and drop that file in your System32 folder. Load up your screensaver, and voila!

If you name multiple movie files 1.avi, 2.avi, etc, Bink will detect it’s a series, so you can attach multiple movies and compile into a single. The only drawback to this is that there won’t be any settings options in the screensaver control panel. Also be aware that the larger the screensaver size, the longer it might take to load.

Enjoy!

Attachments

step2.jpg

step3.jpg

aaaah. pallets!!! my brain. heehee

Awesome…
Thanks for posting this.
I have been trying to do this for some time with other appz
but never got the results i wanted.

Thanks again!

The latest Bink version actually allows you to save as a screensaver whenever you go into the Make EXE options under Advanced Play. :smiley: