ZBrushCentral

Halloween2009 (Mini Challenge)

zbc_thread_main_banner_01.jpg

Hello fellow ZBC Members!

Halloween is getting close and I would like to invite everyone to participate in this tribute to a great tradition Pixologic has held for the last 8 years. This is my humble challenge for all, this Halloween season.

CHALLENGE RULES:

Pick a pumpkin from this patch, or grow your own. Sculpt and shape your pumpkin into whatever you desire, just keep it as realistic as you can. All forms of pumpkin carving are open (portraits, scary faces, silly, etc…) Use all the tools Zbrush offers. Full scenes are not required (just use a black background) but if you would like to, go for it! Just remember follow the TOS of ZBC, and most importantly have fun! Happy Halloween everyone! -Brian

Pick a pumpkin from my patch! (just change the .txt to .obj)

pumpkin_a.txt
pumpkin_b.txt
pumpkin_c.txt

Later this week, I will demonstrate a simple, yet amazingly powerful way to light your Jackolantern… :wink:

OK, I’ll give a shot. I might be able to finish a Pumpkin. I was wondering if anyone would start one.

Hey Blaine, welcome! I look forward to seeing your entry! (post more than one if you like!) I know I will.:smiley:

this sounds like alot of fun. I will have to try and find some time for this one

:evil: :mad: :mad: Happy Halloween:mad: :mad: :evil:

Hey scottleroc, happy Halloweeen to you! This is all in good fun! 5-10 minutes, or a an hour, or a week. It’s up to you! Happy Zbrushing! - Brian

This is a quick read. Just a link I found to help those who do not know what Halloween is. (yes, there are many!) I do not endorse this site…McAfee said it’s safe…:wink:
http://www.pumpkincarving101.com/pumpkin_carving_history.html

At least there will be one pumpkin…:slight_smile:
sirquadalot; this is your “A” mesh.

[PumpkinTop.jpg]PumpkinFront.jpg

:smiley: Sweet, I’m still working on my guys!:wink: I’ll post some tomorrow:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUqUmY076No yay zbrush pumpkins!!

Thanks for the link! Are you going to carve a pumpkin? :smiley:

heheh, well i guess. Hmm i have a lot of work to do… But it would be a lot of fun and i havent made tried making one since i made that vid 11 months ago :slight_smile: we’ll see

You would help to keep a great tradition alive… Although this is a mini challenge, and everyone seems to be busy… check this link for the last 8 years of ZBrush Central’s Halloween Challenges.:slight_smile:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=76060

3Point14,

Cool Pumpkin :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Sirquadalot,

The pumpkins are coming. Just waiting for the weekend. Got the base done just need the time to get er done.

It’s all about marketing. Start telling people they ain’t got a hair on their behinds if they don’t make a pumpkin :roll_eyes:

I would like to have a go at it but can’t figure out how to make an .obj out of those .text files :o

rolilli, it’s easy, download the file, and in windows, right click on the icon and select, “rename”. change the .txt extension to .obj. and click ok…(it will give you a warning about changing file extention…click ok. Also you can actually open the .txt file in windows note pad and see what went into these simple models! looking forward to your pumpkin carving. P.S you can make your own pumpkin and post the results if you are uneasy with this. I would completely understand! -Brian

Blaine, help me :wink: out on that… please!

I got home late tonight…we have inventory tomorrow:rolleyes: I thought I would have time to do some sculpting…but I have to get to bed.:cry:

A standard carved pumpkin.

[![Jack-O.jpg|480x360](upload://9mFpqQK19NgAJE4k6EcrCWiOiwE.jpeg)]

Kinda out side the challenge, but in the spirit of the annual Halloween challenge, do whatever you want to…:wink: , But you must keep in mind the season, and the spirit of halloween.

3dpt i actually liked the pumpkin chassis.

:laughing: I’m in a similar situation until tomorrow. Worked to 9 last night and I’ll have to do the same today. I have three days off this weekend so I’m in Pumpkin mode :+1: Today is payroll day and my damn employees actually expect to get paid. Imagine that :roll_eyes: