ZBrushCentral

Mirror sculpting for y and z not working - x only

Hi,

I am trying out the demo for ZBrush, version 3.1 and am having a problem. The issue is I can only get the “X” to mirror with two dots showing up. When I try “Y” or “Z” I do not get any dots to appear indicating I am in “mirror” mode for that axis. The only thing I can get to work is the X.

Does anyone know what may be going on? I checked and I think I am doing it right because pressing “x” on my keyboard toggles that axis mirror on/off. But the others simply do not work.

Thanks for any help.

The ‘x’ hotkey merely activates symmetry, which just so happens to be with X axis symmetry on by default. The Transform palette contains the switches that affect which axis(’) are symmetrical, if the symmetry is mirrored and radial symmetry options.

The symmetry axis, mirror and radial options are stored on a per 3D Tool basis. They are even saved with the tool file (.ztl).

Hope that helps.

Mark

Thanks, helps a lot now that I know.

BTW, can you recommend any good video tutorials or sites for learning ZBrush from the ground up? I saw Lynda.com had one but wasn’t sure about others or any good books.