ZBrushCentral

decimation master batch

Hi mates,

I need to create a Zscript which allow me to decimate several different tools (a bunch!) automatically. I believed that a loop should be nice suit for this purpose but… the routine stop without any reasons!

[RoutineDef,set,

[ISet,Zplugin:DecimationMaster:KPolys,1]
 	[IPress,Zplugin:Decimation Master:Pre-process Current]
 	[IPress,Zplugin:Decimation Master:Decimate Current]	
 ]

The tool is pre processed but the decimate is not working…
I will appreciate to have some help on this unpredictable issue:confused:

thanks a lot!!

You can’t do it. The moment your script launches Decimation Master it exits because DM becomes the current script.

Thanks Marcus for your reactivity.
I’m not sure to understand, you are telling me that I cannot use Zscript “properly” with the Decimation Master?

You can’t have two zscripts active at the same time. Because Decimation Master is a zscript-based plugin when it is launched it takes control from your zscript (which ceases to be active). As Decimation Master has no code to return to your zscript the operations stop.

We will see if we can do a kind of batch system for Decimation Master.
For the preprocess, it’s not a real problem, but it mean the same amount of decimation for all your Tools and the Subtools.

Hi there,

Indeed, It should quite useful for production having a bunch of meshes to work with.
As long as SubtoolMaster is awesome for dealing with that, the users may expect the same for a major part of the commands (maps extraction for instance).

Cheers!