ZBrushCentral

WIP-Capcom Challenge-Donovan

Hello there! ive been workign on the Capcom challenge at SinisterCircle, and deadline is tonight…haven’t finished it yet and pretty sure i wont be able to finish it to teh quality i want him to be but here is my latest WIP with photoshop filters…
(another wip to finish in my collection lol)

what i got left to do :confused:small_orange_diamond:
-right arm cloth
-Sword
-hair
-Final pass on body (add fat+skin and Vains, pores etc…)
-Texturing

C&C welcome

Nice work and presentation. I like the subtle veins on his exposed leg and your rendering of the cloth.

His head looks a little flat from the side and too long and thin from the front. Having the cloth break up the silhouette would probably work well too.

how did you make the character sheet

TonyEdwards: thanks! will see what i can do for the silhouette, concerning the face, i wanted to keep it to a style close to teh concepts you usualy find of donovan, question of taste i suppose? thanks anyway

MASTERSHOKHAN: hello :wink: i simply drew the tool on the canvas in various pose , and rendered it …not sure if it answers your question?

You should have posted this on the forum. It’s in running for the top even without the final touches.

hello there! couldnt finish on time, lods of part are place holder, and stupid me realised after i put the shots together (5 min before the end of the challenge) that i didnt SUBDIVIDE ALL THE TOOLS to the max :(:frowning: you can tell, but well, too late now…going for a weekend away, so will do another take of shots when im back!
must haev been sooo tired to miss something that big lol
here are the latest shots

C&C welcome, although there are tones of stuff i couldnt finish and rushed... Abe [![Abe_tamazir_Donovan_Entry2SS.jpg|1200x754](upload://yCpO3BDGSXrClerQTefr2Kk0eo7.jpeg)]![Abe_tamazir_DonovanS.jpg|400x775](upload://92T50nb0qc2lVlOe8tdDokRm0Qg.jpeg)[](http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27160706%27,%27Abe_tamazir_DonovanS.jpg%27,1,0%29)

This looks great Abe!
Good luck :).

Yeah, I guess the face was more of taste. For some reason I remembered him having a prominent jaw from the front. But after looking up some are I was wrong.

Nice work though. Sucks about not submitting the highest subdivision.

khalavi: thanks!

TonyEdwards: no problemo! yeah i know, **** happens…njext time ill be more carefull lol

here is shots closer to what i actually got at the mo…still tones to do on him, but well, the clothing gives an idea of the detail i was going to put all over him …

thanks again guys!
Abe

[Abe_tamazir_DonovanSUp.jpg]Abe_tamazir_Donovancloth.jpg

Great sculpt and beautiful color scheme ! :+1:

asecbrush: thanks!

i changed the right hand pose, and scaled up the sword…i think he looks better that way…makes him look more “in control”

wont have much time to work on him so will be updating less often from now…

[Abe_tamazir_Donovan_newPoseS.jpg]

Looks nice, man. What are the spheres that are floating around him? I’ve never played any of the Street Fighter games.

I wonder how much hair spray he has to use to get his hair to stand up like that in the front :slight_smile:

dustinbrown: thanks…for the sphere, they are meant to be a colar that kind of levitate when he does some special moves etc…
hair is temporary like many other things, but imagine it floating in the air as some energy comes out of him…
here are two links to some exemple of the guy:

[http://img2.allposters.com/images/CAPPOD/DS008.jpg](http://img2.allposters.com/images/CAPPOD/DS008.jpg)

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/images/Products/UFS%20Art/Darkstalkers/DKS028.jpg

looks excelent man. great anatomy

one question: what matcap are you using?(that slightly pink ones that is the most recent post)

fabiomsilva: thanks!
The material is “RS_OilClayRed” from Ralf Stumph’s Zmaterial set at Gnomonology…quiet happy that they made the matcap backward compatible as i bought those for 3.1 at the time, but they still work for 3.5…

thanks man!

a little update on Dionovan as i had some hours free on it :slight_smile:
will finish all my WIPs eventually haha!

[donovan_03S.jpg]donovan_04S.jpg

Wow very very NIice!
I’m loving the muscle definition and cloth sculpting, if I had anything to crit, maybe the arms look a bit too over the top compared to the rest of the body : ) but whatever this is an incredible piece.

I played the game when I was a boy.

gloomingshade: thanks!glad you like it…
for the size of hte arms, i wanted to keep it close to teh exagerated proportion of the game :slight_smile: also the need their final pass, which will give more definition and hopefully work more with the rest of the boday :slight_smile:

Felix the cat: moi aussi hehe