ZBrushCentral

60 Free alpha Brushes

Hi Everyone,

Thought I'd pop in and let everyone know that with the release of [asileFX 1,500 alpha Brushes](http://www.asilefx.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=120), a pack of 60 PSD 16-bit grayscale brushes are free on the asileFX site, jpg versions come with it too. A free 30 minute Photoshop brush creation and editing tutorial can also be found on the product page. This is an update to the asileFX 600 Alpha Brushes collection, probably the most pirated texture/image collection from asileFX, except maybe sci-fi hulls. We sold around 20 - 30 copies, and there are thousands in circulation. The pirated version was out the day of the release, and yes I do know who it was. :mad: I discontinued the collection for about a year because of this, but I'd rather not see all that hard work go to waste. Plus, the comments about the collection on the warez sites were rather good. So, I've more than doubled the size of the collection, organized all brushes into categories, updated the old brushes, created reference pdf files, and cut the price. Hope you enjoy the free brushes! Cheers, Nick Pellegrino asileFX [![free_brushes.jpg|588x84](upload://ccJTnTVIc48DT4ziRNtctMJp8N1.jpeg)](http://www.asilefx.net/free_stuff/asileFX_FreeTraining_CustomizingBrushes/asileFX_FreeTraining_CustomizingBrushes.html)

Attachments

free_th.jpg

free_training_brushes_banner.jpg

1 Like

Thank you for the Alpha Making effort! I’ll check out the full set later today.
:smiley:

Thanx for making these available Nick,

They look awesome!

Yvan.

Nick Pellegrino
I am a little confused about the 600 alphas that you made over a year ago. Are these for free now or are they not. I have made a post here with links to them from a web page that said you had made them for free now so I gave credit to asileFX for doing so.

Hello there Nick Pellegrino… Sorry to hear about the piracy… This matter shouldn’t be taken lightly… BTW, thank you for the Alphas, great work…

Wow you guy have upgraded your site since I last saw it …A lot good Tutorials

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the piracy… This matter shouldn’t be taken lightly…
No it shouldn’t, but you start to get used to it after a while.

I am a little confused about the 600 alphas that you made over a year ago. Are these for free now or are they not. I have made a post here with links to them from a web page that said you had made them for free now so I gave credit to asileFX for doing so.

60 are free from the 1,500 brush collection. The 600 brush collection was upgraded to 1,500. The entire collection is not free, but I wanted to give away a small selection of them, so 60 from the collection are free.

Wow you guy have upgraded your site since I last saw it …A lot good Tutorials

I change the design of the site quite frequently, but at the end of 2008 I redesigned the entire site, code an all. Took me about three months of coding and editing php scripts, was a good learning experience, and the site is much easier to use, for me and visitors. Was bad for business taking off for so long to work on it, but it’s a long term investment.

Thanks for all the comments. Hoping to get to my zbrush training at some point.

Cheers,
Nick Pellegrino
asileFX

Thanks for the info.

If I could offer some suggestions for ZBrush training. I’ve seen most ZB tutorials focus on sculpting but I have yet to see or see available Project based tutorials that use/utilize all of ZBrush features in a work-flow.

For example, building scene backgrounds, rendering them in ZB then Building other elements separately then combining/composting them an adding other elements by using the picker and/or marker features

I’d like to be able to paint volumetric effects (clouds, smoke, fire) I know it can be done I just don’t know the work-flow …its been on my to-get-too-list. maybe using fog rendering to make Sunbeams. And volumetric Hair techniques not just the usual helmet, hair.

translucent object shading.

maybe using insert mesh and Zsphere insert object feature in ways not seen before.

Those are great suggestions and you make some very good points.

I actually made a complete ZBrush training right when version 3 was released, started it in v2. I canned it though, feeling it was far too technical mainly covering feature explanations.

I’ve been against project based training for a long time, but if done right it is the way to go.

The main con of project based training is, it normally covers using the same tools over and over again, hardly covering the range of an application. My biggest concern has always been creating the users default settings. Students learning strictly from project based training, tend to copy exact settings over and over again, and the work becomes limited.

However, when covering a project, a combination of tools and work-flow is covered. And my favorite part, problems arise that need fixing.

I’ve always been one to lecture and explain situations outside of what I am working on, and will often deviate from a project to show how tools can be used in other circumstances.

I’m currently working on in lesson pop-ups to explain settings further, like a choose your own adventure training, lol. Linear but non-linear. I like to setup a structure, and for new users in can be very important that certain tools and how they work are explained before additional tools are used.

Hopefully I can come up with a good project to cover the entire application, or a couple of projects. I also want to create a video index of every tool and examples of usage, so, both technical and creative teaching are applied. The index I think will be useful for users with a 3d background needing a quick reference, or people that are afraid to click on new and unknown buttons.

I’ve given this training a lot of thought, and I am really hoping to produce a useful solution for everyone. I just hope I can get to it before the end of this year. I’ve already trashed 12 hours of zb training, so hopefully the next one will be golden.

Cheers,
Nick