ZBrushCentral

Perspective

Back in the days of ZAcadamey someone made reference to tips on achieving perspective/depth - I could not find them then - Can anyone offer any insights?

Thanks

Regards

Ogre

If you have only the demo version, I don’t think it’s supported there. I think they’re planning to release a newer demo sometime soon though that may support it.

Hi there,

this may help a little bit.

[attach=41139]0103.jpg[/attach]

Southern

Attachments

0103.jpg

Another way of doing it is to click on Pers in the Draw panel (perspective distortion) and change the Distort to whatever you want. (Default is 50.)

Thanks CD & Southern.
Southern I have simulated your table to good effect and understand now how to achieve this effect using the 3D objects - however, take a scene built of 3D objects but which also combines non 3D elements an example would be velens landscape, the incredible depth he paints into his images and also, if I remember right, I think it may have been a post by Digits where his 3D elements appeared in the foreground but his background vanished deep in the image. I hope I am making sense.
P.S. ZBrush version I use is 1.13 commercial for the PC.

I am probably not the best person to answer this, but I think everyone did not understand your question totally. Of course my tiny brain might be wrong :eek:

Depth and perspective, I am trying to learn as well having no background in art etc… Where the Radiosity effects and the Z axis in a program like Bryce helps an artist portray the illusion of great distance and proportion to far away objects, in Zbrush Zdepth really doesn’t help you too much. You have to do the illusion yourself by remembering the farther away something is the smaller it is etc… There is the concept of the vanishing point as well, like the road going off into the distance, the lines get closer together. I am sure there are all kinds of technical names for these things, you have to bear with Digitese.

Things like Fog and Depth of Field settings in Zbrush can help you produce these effects as well.

It is hard to gauge and to keep track of the Zdepth you are at in Zbrush, especially if you are working in layers. What I do is use Markers alot to make a reference point for something I am working on. And Also in one layer I will put a huge 2D Plane at about 40 to 60 degree angle that goes from the foreground to the background to give me a reference plane. This plane I can map out where every thing will be in depth. It doesn’t even have to be in the final render either but it helps to have a guide to work on. Otherwise you may end up with objects that are supposed to be behind and they are in front or visa/versa

anyhoo, perhaps someone else might have a few tips or a small perspective on perspective.

yeah ~ it is~~