ZBrushCentral

Joel Mongeon sketchbook **MOVIE added page 4 - (9/25/09)

I haven’t been posting much new work lately since starting my new job so I thought I’d start a sketchbook and post some finished work and some shorter tests and studies here.

Mage:

![MAGE_Web.jpg|495x800](upload://hQcPdTHzpaPmg3jIxJL7PwYi6pm.jpeg)![ZBCThumb5.jpg|100x76](upload://t5hI81hTTwSYV1jqB5pcpT12gFQ.jpeg)![Plunq.jpg|1000x1600](upload://bOsYMhX1sdBNnUHZHhdOffdEj5p.jpeg)

Attachments

Plunq.jpg

1 Like

uuuhhhhh, can we see some wire views?
and wow, simply wow. That is amazing:+1:

Instant top row

Let me be one of the first to say this is simply amazing! Impressive detailing! Would be cool to see more shots and work flow. Keep 'em coming! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

wow is this a model. amazing

Can you post more of your workflow?
Awesome work!!

Thanks a lot for your kind words everyone. I’m posting some wires, base done in Modo, sculpting and texturing in Zbrush and the hair and final render was done in Modo 401 with a bit of post processing in Photoshop.

![Wire_001.jpg|800x767](upload://nuV2X7e7CTzzF6Gq60uJAsogt1e.jpeg)![Wire_002.jpg|800x767](upload://f9GxdaB7luALLDwBAdRE62VdKBh.jpeg)![Wire_003.jpg|800x767](upload://rLpI2aGwGXupTxH9jXsWC5WKfZL.jpeg)

Yeah cool man I like it. :+1:

great, nice to see some new stuff from ya :slight_smile: I’d love to see more spec variation on the face - it looks like it’s made of clay at the mo - just thought I’d throw it out there. The sculpting’s great as per usual :slight_smile:

Amazing job, 5* from me, although I do agree with Intervain slightly, more spec variation will help this make it look more real skin. But who am I to say, I can’t even nearly achieve that realism in render anyway :slight_smile:

Great model and render…

Stellar! I wonder, how much time did you spend on it. Top row nomination from me as well :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Wonderful model and render! :+1: :+1:

Hey Joel, it’s great to see you’ve started a sketchbook thread! I really liked that sculpt when I first saw it, so cool to see it here, thanks for posting the breakdown pics too. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

Thanks for posting the screens, great stuff.

very beautiful work indeed. I’m taking many inspiration from all of your wonderful works. Keep them coming!

Wow, Looks great. It’s strange because I’ve made that guy before. He’s a character from 3d.sk. I thought he had interesting facial characteristics too. I like the detail you have here in your model. You really captured him from his photos.

gulp

:+1: :grimacing: :+1:

great sculpt really
texture could be a bit more work
but whatever great work;)

Nice image, the sculpt is really good!

Total of felling quite good, skin texture and hat edge differ some.