ZBrushCentral

New scripting commands in ZBrush 3.5.

Hi,

Thought I would throw these commands out there in case you guys had not found them.

[FileGetInfo,File name including the extension (such as brush1.ztl ).,The information requested index.]
Retrieve information about a specified file.
Output: Returns the requested information or zero if file not found.

[GetActiveToolPath]
Returns the full path of the active tool
Output: The path of the active tool

[ShellExecute,The shell command]
Execute a shell command

I am pretty sure ShellExecute is in 3.2 for Mac OSX, cannot remember seeing the other two. Still, new commands, good, right?

News to me! Thanks.

Hey, I noticed ZScript:Previous and ZScript:Next commands seem to work again (meaning they ignore or forget about the opening script).

Sven

I am afraid the startup script is still there. Clear the canvas and after enough ZScript > Previous’ you will be back to a big shiny PolySphere in Edit mode :frowning:

Edit :

The ZScript > Show Zscript Commands switch has the property indexes for the FileGetInfo command.

Ha. I’d removed all but the [pd] in the DefaultZScript.txt file so did not see that.

I’ll have a look the ZScript commands list now.

Sven

For what it’s worth, the list also includes:

IFadeIn
IFadeOut
ILock
IUnLock
IsLocked
IsUnLocked

I’ve not tested any of them yet.

Sven

You got me all excited for a moment. But those commands were also in 3.1 :slight_smile:

I am pretty sure the new commands in 3.5 are limited to the three I mentioned. My zscript editor of choice (Notepad ++) has all the commands registered for syntax highlighting, so when I open the zscriptcommands.txt any new commands appear in white.

Mark

Sorry about that… :rolleyes: Just checked my own syntax-file on TextPad and I must still be using an older command list

Upside is that I was motivated today to organize the syntax commands for another application I’m scripting for - TVPaint, a 2D animation package I use quite a lot these days. Pretty comprehensive command set, I must say.

Sven

is it going to be oncluded in the Zscript commande reference page ?

Yes, it’s time I updated that. :slight_smile:

Incidentally, the ISwitch when used in plugins now works for both commands (on and off) though you do need to use [IEnable when the plugin initializes.