Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default installation issue 2

Thanks guys, but I still canīt run the .exe. I installed the visual c++ redistributable and all I have now is the zbrush executable error. You know the window that application has to be closed, send error report/donīt send... Thatīs all that changed and I donīt think that itīs any better

Chokmah - Where do you have it extracted? Local disc only, or program files, or program files/pixologic, or program files/pixologic/zbrush3.1 ? because I had it everywhere. The only thing I didnīt try was have all the files pasted from the zbrush3.5 folder directly into 3.1 folder.

asking for a pirate copy of the update on the official forums has got to be the dumbest thing ever... I saved up and bought a copy of the software. It's not that pricey, especially when compared to 3D apps and photoshop etc, and the free upgrades make it one excellent investment.

Looking forward to my email...

~P~

Member Follow User Gallery

I'm extremely happy with the 3.5 update, I'm getting massive performance improvements everywhere, much much faster and snappier. Plugins like Decimation master and ZApplink aren't working for me though.

I'm very grateful for the new perspective view, that's my favorite new feature, the old perspective view had been a torn in my neck. Tons of new stuff in every corner, thank you Pixologic, I love Zbrush!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhumba
    Hi Ghost-d, this sounds like a visual c++ redistributable problem. If one got included with the zbrush zip then I would recommend to install that again (it may be 2005 or 2008 version) but this sounds like something to direct at your support account (at the support site).
    It would be cool if it works on my system but I can't even manage to reinstall the C++ redistribuable !
    I love Windows so much !

I'll be gutted if decimation master doesn't work- with 32bit memory choke, I rely on that baby to get all my subtools on screen at once

~P~

Quote Originally Posted by praxedes
    asking for a pirate copy of the update on the official forums has got to be the dumbest thing ever... I saved up and bought a copy of the software. It's not that pricey, especially when compared to 3D apps and photoshop etc, and the free upgrades make it one excellent investment.

Looking forward to my email...

~P~
    EXACTLY. I recommend checking forum maybe someone want's to sell his license, This is how I bough mine for 200$ . With all the support you get for this piece of software and all the free updates I wouldn't hesitate now to pay even tripple right now.

well i dont think someone is selling his license at this time

Quote Originally Posted by asecbrush
    Hey tez,

Do you already have 3.1 ?
    Normally you should then also already have the Cleverbridge ref nr emailed to you.

I'm afraid support tickets will not get answered on the 11th.
    I contacted the UK Cleverbridge branch this morning. They comfirmed I did have a account and resent the original email that came with the 3.1 upgrade. As to whats happening with the links to 3.5 I dont know, I guess they are sending from the US, as the people in the UK didnt even know anything about a update.

Main thing is I know iv got a account with them, so I can wait knowing that its in the process.

ghost-d wrote :
    Hello guys, I just woke up and found my upgrade e-mail in my mailbox. But now I canīt install it.

I downloaded the zip file, now I have it extracted in the pixologic folder next to zbrush 3.1 folder, but when I double click the zbrush.exe, I get this message:
    "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"

Anyone knows what to do in this case? or did I do something wrong with the extracting? like I said I have it in the pixologic folder, extracted right next to zbrush 3.1 folder.

thanks folks
    In the ZBrush3.5 folder there's a folder named 'Troubleshoot Help' --> in that folder there's an exe file named 'vcredist....exe' --> execute that exe file and ZBrush should lunch fine.
    (It installs Microsoft Visual C++ or something like that which you need for ZBrush 3.5.)

This is explained in the Pixologic knowledgebase. (See the "Side-by-Side Configuration" error.)
    EDIT : link to that knowledgebase article: https://support.pixologic.com/index....kbarticleid=22

EDIT2 : form Pixologic :
    "In a typical ZBrush installation your folders will be as follows:

• Program Files on 32-bit machines or Program Files (x86) on 64-bit machines
      • Pixologic
        • ZBrush 3.1
          • All files and folders
        • ZBrush 3.5

• All files and folders
    "
    Link to that knowledgebase article : https://support.pixologic.com/index....kbarticleid=25
    Last edited by asecbrush; 09-11-09 at 04:32 AM.

tez posted :
    As to whats happening with the links to 3.5 I dont know, I guess they are sending from the US, as the people in the UK didnt even know anything about a update.
    Be patient, it'll get there ...
    They are sending the mails out in batches : I've noticed that there's also people from the US still waiting for it, and I got mine at 2.30 this morning (in Belgium).

If I didn't browse the forum regularly, I wouldn't have known about an upgrade either until I received the mail.

EDIT/ good news to hear that you've got the Cleverbridge ref nr.
    Last edited by asecbrush; 09-11-09 at 04:17 AM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

I am so bumming...still have not gotten my email, I am in the US...is it slower for the US?

nope mate im in the uk and no email yet also.Just gotta be patient a bit more (dammit its like christmas and im a kid again lol) but as one guy said..at least were registered and details have ben made into an account.Bah screw it im gonna watch my entire friends dvd from start to finish in the meantime :P

SAMS3D posted :
    I am so bumming...still have not gotten my email, I am in the US...is it slower for the US?
    I don't guess it's slower for you guys in the US.
    Maybe the mails are sent out according the alphabet or something ...

i use to check for the released daily and nows its finally here..thanks a ton to pixologic team..this time its not the next big step its a giant leap.

Default day 2

well I'm glad its out. Looks even better than promised. Normals from HD geometry - and ambient occlusion!

ain't got my email though.

I agree it makes no sense for it not to be up on the support account for download.