Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Teyon
    Hey, maybe you guys will luck out and can skip 3.5 completely if 4 comes out in the next few weeks.

May be. Hard to tell.

They're being 'silent' again, but that's okay......

Just popped in to see f there was any news of the Mac version yet. No problem. Will wait.

Cheers

Mike R

New Member Follow User Gallery

Without any news or date set just kill the hope

Quote Originally Posted by battery555
    Without any news or date set just kill the hope

Nah.... They'll deliver!

They've BEEN delivering on all their promises, and even a lot of functions that never existed before like GoZ, and ZSpheres2, and PaintStop, and, and......

They'll come through! Just hang tight!

Quote Originally Posted by caffeineandpixels
    HANG TIGHT?? We still don't have the trial version, and the "available soon" has been there for years now! How can you budget for purchases when they give no timeline??? The very LEAST they could do is lower the Mac price on the older version. I see NO reason why we should be paying the same price for fewer features.
    Ah well.....

I bought ZBrush for Mac back when it was v2, and had to wait a looooooong time for v3.1, and then 3.2 with GoZ came along, and even so, v3.5 and v4 will be free to me! What do I have to complain about?

It is clear (to me at least) that they are serious about supporting their Mac base, and I think they're doing a great job. I'm still learning the blessed thing anyway - with the limited time I have - so whenever they get around to 3.5 and 4 will be fine with me.

I know they'll deliver. It may not be when WE want, but I'm sure they're working as fast as they can to get it to us.

As for budgeting, did you miss this part??

Screen shot 2009-10-02 at 11.12.18 AM.jpg

If you don't already own ZBrush, it'll obviously cost you the regular retail price!
    Last edited by Morbius; 10-02-09 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius
    Ah well.....

I bought ZBrush for Mac back when it was v2, and had to wait a looooooong time for v3.1, and then 3.2 with GoZ came along, and even so, v3.5 and v4 will be free to me! What do I have to complain about?
    OK, you bought your copy without actually trying it, but the rest of us still wait for the VERY FIRST demo version for Mac EVER. Is it too much to ask to try the software before I buy it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius
    As for budgeting, did you miss this part??
    If you don't already own ZBrush, it'll obviously cost you the regular retail price!
    Hey it is not about the money, it is clear he will pay the retail price, but he (probably - at least this is my case) don't want to install old version that becomes obsolete in (hopefully) few weeks and will have to learn the differences. It is good to know when you'll have to fork the money.

Quote Originally Posted by perpetumdesign
    Hey it is not about the money, it is clear he will pay the retail price, but he (probably - at least this is my case) don't want to install old version that becomes obsolete in (hopefully) few weeks and will have to learn the differences. It is good to know when you'll have to fork the money.
    A lot of the functional changes that have been made between version 3.1 and 3.5 for windows are already inside 3.2 for the mac so I don't see any real learning changes once 3.5 comes out. It will be mainly additional functionality like zspheres2.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Marklew
    A lot of the functional changes that have been made between version 3.1 and 3.5 for windows are already inside 3.2 for the mac so I don't see any real learning changes once 3.5 comes out. It will be mainly additional functionality like zspheres2.

Richard
    OK, thanks for info. I'd settle for 3.12 then, but I'd still want a demo version before I buy ? That "Coming soon" label is really getting old.

Omggg

Quote Originally Posted by perpetumdesign
    OK, you bought your copy without actually trying it, but the rest of us still wait for the VERY FIRST demo version for Mac EVER. Is it too much to ask to try the software before I buy it ?
    I understand, but that wasn't clear in 'caffeineandpixels' post.

And yes, I bought without a demo. I'd seen enough of what ZBrush could do without needing to demo it.

3.2 runs very nicely on a Mac.

For Mac people I run ZBrush 3.5 under MAC 10.5.8 and Parallels Desktop and it works well enough to discover this gem.
    A man who works with his hands is a workman
    A man who works with his hands and his head is a technician
    But a man who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an artist •
    • St François d' Assise

Quote Originally Posted by M i c h e l
    For Mac people I run ZBrush 3.5 under MAC 10.5.8 and Parallels Desktop and it works well enough to discover this gem.
    Or bootcamp to utilise all your macs resources. You do also have to have to purchase a copy of windows and another zbrush license to run on windows so without considerable outlay may not be a viable option.

Richard

Richard, Thanks for your concern and yes I know I can't use all resources of my Mac but I couldn't wait to wet my feet and play for now with what is still a toy (an artistic one) for me. All those new brushes are so temptating. I'll need a while to handle the sktech brushes though.

Michel
    A man who works with his hands is a workman
    A man who works with his hands and his head is a technician
    But a man who works with his hands, his head and his heart is an artist •
    • St François d' Assise

New Member Follow User Gallery

I'm starting to think about going back to windows
    I've been a windows user for over 23 years and a mac user since the intel turn of apple.
    I though the machines would be faster and so a good reason to make the change since now 3D was "decently possible to achieve" on a mac.
    I love the mac OS! it is just genius!
    You realize that when you start developing for the platform, and the whole "genius aspect" goes through the whole system without exceptions!
    Well, almost.... the graphic card drivers sucks! I mean now, when Apple machines all have nvidia card in it, why can't just be a driver like for any other OS, which you can download an install and fix graphical issue!?
    Thats the only thing I really hate about the system! the lack of control over your graphics card!
    Oh.. and another thing...
    The fact always have to way for software releases for the platform! (I'm not being sarcastic here) it is just a fact.
    I'm not blaming Pixo! I love Pixo and the genius brains behind it! the own my whole respect and admiration.
    Autodesk also just won't make a decent version of Maya for OSX! and the list goes on and on...
    I'm tired of it.
    I know it is a matter of time for this to change, but MY time is now and I don't have the patience anymore to wait and then realize that the version for my OS, sucks and doesn't work as it should! (talking about Maya here )

So, is there a chance for me to change my Zbrush mac license to a windows license? why you guys don't have a license like Luxology? it would be great to be able to install Zbrush twice! one on a PC and one on a mac.

So... I'll stop it here.
    I guess I was typing loud!
    gretings
    R.

Wink

@ Reld

totally understand your problem

I hit this link like 5 times a day for weeks
    hoping to finally get the mac3.5 version