New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Confused

You say release for Windows is planned for this week (last week?) and then in the next sentence that release for Windows is planned for end September. I presume you mean release for Mac is planned for end September??? Is that still on track? I have been waiting for it for so long now!

Please......

Piet Nelis

Brett
    I too have this South African interweb problem, Hopefully they'll ship the updated internet with zb3.5
    this might have something to do with the problem
    http://www.thetimes.co.za/News/Article.aspx?id=1060995

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Roflmao....

Ha ha very funny....it's a good start for a new day.....but seriously.....the elephant looks great....would it be possible for you Mr. Black (did he do it or was it miss Pea****?) to show some more of it? Or a genuine link to it?
    (the elephant......not the "tutorial" )

Yainderidoo
    Are there any ZBrush T-shirts? Black - XXL please

Quote Originally Posted by brettSinclair
    Nope. No luck. Can I start to blame microsoft now? Or vista? It usually helps
    Try clearing your browser cache. All your temp files and cookies... often times cookies have an expiration date and so your browser won't fetch new data until that cookie expires... and no I don't mean the edible kind.

Yup Tried that. Deleted all my browsing history. Also tried firefox. Vista 64bit, Its so awesome :/
    Portfolio

..Now available for freelance..

Quote Originally Posted by brettSinclair
    Yup Tried that. Deleted all my browsing history. Also tried firefox. Vista 64bit, Its so awesome :/
    I'm using the latest firefox (3.5.3) on Vista Ultimate 64bit, and no problems seeing the new videos

Sammy!!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy2
    I'm using the latest firefox (3.5.3) on Vista Ultimate 64bit, and no problems seeing the new videos

Sammy!!
    Meh..

No idea whats going on then :/. I give up. More important things to worry about.
    Portfolio

..Now available for freelance..

Default Stupid me...lol...

I thought it was all a joke...(the new video's and all)...but it realy isn't. The cookie thing helped.

So mr. Black....I found it...ok? LOL

HahahahaYainderidoohooooh...
    Are there any ZBrush T-shirts? Black - XXL please

I love the new zsphere2 vids but im reserving judgement till I play with em to death. Im hoping this isnt just a sculpting/illustration feature...Hope we can still step down through the sub D's after converting the zspheres....looks like were stuck with a high poly final mesh. And...praying for better retop tools if my previous comment is the case.
    Link to my web site

Seeking work

He said you can still set the resolution for your base mesh when you skin it.

Thumbs up awesome

first of all i would like to congratulate Pixo dev team for what looks like an awesome step forward in the modeling process...excellent work !

This said it is important to always go back to the basics of what modeling and sculpting is, what modeling needs are and keep improving keeping this things in mind.

Zbrush might have been designed with mostly or only creature creation in mind but here im gonna put a short list of what are the limitations i can see and that unfortunatley Zspheres 2 are not yet goin to fix.

asset creation; again as a creature modleing package Zbrush is simply fantastic ...but creating creatures is far from being the more time consuming shapes out there ...there are many many possible shapes ready to be created and Zbrush methods of shape creation (which is what a modleing soft ultimately is) has some great and unique ideas but unfortunatley not covering the following problems:

it takes a long list of twisted complex, accurate and unexpected shape creation to understand that we havent yet found an unified approach to everything...yet a modleing package taht wants to be truely capable of doing "any shape" will have to explore this ideas at some point...
    sculpting is not only about adding but also about substracting...we currently dont have any support for booleans or some sort of negative space creation...if you look aorund you many man made and many natural shapes are based on negative spaces too...most of creature based shapes are convex...whatabout concave shapes? whatbaout accuracy? well there is one tech taht has been out there for quite a long time that can do it as we speak

voxel modeling

voxel modleing might not be technically as well implemented as Zbrush tool at the moment but they are at least conceptually speaking the only so far that promises a true scultping approach...true additive volumes and negative carving and as a plus it can unify any type of geo input making it an incredible options for combining in a same model nurbs surfaces, solid models, polygons etc....trough the use of voxel we grasp the flexibility of real life clay...not constrained to a "wireframe" but constrained to a "clay molecule" (voxel0) that can be blended, carve or whatever in total freedom.

so many new brushes! )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zbrush.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	157009  

Hi Rarufafak..whatever your name is....

I meant the adaptive skin method...with the weird underlying "have to be adjusted until they nearly meet the outside skin" version.

I use Zbrush primarily to produce "2D" images of 3D sculpts. Ive always liked the zsphere method...just hope topology is polished more.
    Link to my web site

Seeking work

Cheers!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZBrush2012.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	157012  

Quote Originally Posted by ministerart@hotmail.co.uk
    Hi Rarufafak..whatever your name is....

I meant the adaptive skin method...with the weird underlying "have to be adjusted until they nearly meet the outside skin" version.

I use Zbrush primarily to produce "2D" images of 3D sculpts. Ive always liked the zsphere method...just hope topology is polished more.
    You are right. I just watched the adaptive skin video from the Zclassroom too and I found the method not so cool. I thought there would be no need to make fit the structure near the Zsketche...
    I will have to experiment this...