ZBrushCentral

Skeches and Things of that Nature

Hey guys!

I thought I might start off this thread with one of the models I submitted to the Ballistic Books Character Modeling 3 book. Incidentally it is also in the turntable gallery here at ZBC as well! I will be updating this thread with some sketches and such soon. C&C are always welcome!

Thanks for looking!

ZBCThumb1.jpg

[attach=155319]rider_Marble.jpg[/attach] [attach=155320]rider_03.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

rider_Marble.jpg

rider_03.jpg

Very nice sculpt. A lot of movement and flowing shapes! I love it! :+1:

could you post more views…
nice work…

Great sculpt, and fab movement in the piece; love all the debris, great touch!
Might be good to see some more musclature in the horse though, to really feel the strain of that buck?
Lovely work :slight_smile:

The movement id awesome and the mace in the air is awesome—especially in the first one.

Really awesome…love the act & motion!

i really like the movement, and the sculpt. i especially like the debris and the little plants…really helps complete the piece in my eyes…would love to see close ups :slight_smile:

Thanks for you comments guys.

So here are a couple different views and a close up on the head as requested!

RawSunlight: Ya know, that is what I thought too. A few versions back I had it way more muscular. My roommate is an equestrian however and said you just typically can’t see that much form. I argued for artistic license but she still won… I still agree that both the rider and the horse needs more tone.

Playing around with the new features in Zbrush 3.5 tonight! Starting making a little mech thing. Going to try and finish it up this weekend.

I was originaly stoked for the planar brushes but after using Zsphere sketching… man I completely forgot about all the other cool features. Zspheres 2 are just that good.

mech_WIP.jpg

Really like this! Looks like you modeled directly from the spheres! how is this done? is there a tutorial on the technique?

Cool, very early stages but I too would love to know more about Zspheres 2. I havent got a chance to play in 3.5 yet. Some pointers or info that strikes you as important from a “new” user point of view. I say new in relation to the version of zbrush. Anyway, looking forward to seeing this develop.

Here is a few close to finished shots. I posted the final render here if you guys would like to see it!

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?p=620788#post620788

zenonithus: So after I was happy with the ZSketch I converted it to a Unified Skin with 3 subDs and just a medium resolution. This kept the mesh looking pretty much just like the Zsketch. This was really useful for making those “tube” like areas but…pretty annoying for any smooth areas. Creating a Unified Skin with 3 subDs was critical for smoothing out areas. I should have re-topoed alot of area’s because the Unified Skin topo is super jacked.

Aberrant: Zspheres 2 is amazing! So I think when starting a Zsketch it’s important to first think about if you want to use Unified Skin or Adaptive skin. Which one you will be using really effects how your wire skeleton you build on top of will be made. You can change it later but it’s way easier to just figure it out from the start. From my experience it’s better to use a thin and simple skeleton so that you are not too restricted with it. Also… the base Zsphere skeleton will NOT be converted into a mesh when you do Unified Skin. With Adaptive skin having your skeleton as close as you can to your Zsketch is critical. This can make for a larger/more complex base skeleton. Just thinking out loud here… I am possibly a complete fool.

Thanks Nyx702 for the tips. I like when people “think out loud” and give their thought process and reasons.

I have always been skeptical of the zspheres 2 and adaptive skins. I usually prefer an adaptive skin over unified.

So from what you said, if I plan on doing an adaptive, I should spend a bit more time on my base zspheres before zsketching? Thanks for the tips and info.

A little late on the Start Trek train but I felt like doing a Spock too. I think I will do the Wrath of Kahn uniform. Everybody does the original blue one…

spock_ortho.jpg

Worked on the uniform today. I forgot the breast insignia… cant forget to add that!

thumb.jpg

Attachments

body_wip.jpg

Great work! :+1:

Here is a WIP little collaboration I have been working on with a work buddy of mine Ryan Yee. He designed the creature and I am Zbrushing him up!

Still got some work ahead of me…

[![ryan_yee.jpg|608x721](upload://97Lh1Kz9fyugo4xvOQfi5v4QWQV.jpeg)]![untold_wip01.jpg|1200x600](upload://bNrovGQoGxzq1seUZ2BvildiLjz.jpeg)

Here is a quick update. Mainly work on the human. I changed the arms up some so they would (hopefully) work better in 3d.

Thanks for looking.

untold.jpg

Ery good, reminds me of princess mononoke’s demons

mazz423: Thanks man. I do really like the movie. Its influence subtly sneaks into places.

A little more work to show! I made a base and started some basic texture work.

[untold_textureWIP01.jpg]