ZBrushCentral

A tired Viking

Thought I’d share my recent work. Not done with the modeling still some tweaks I want to perform. So far I’ve only zbrushed the horse, his face, and arm sleeve. I do want to texture him but it could be awhile before I ever get around to that. I will post more renders soon of close ups.
He’s supposed to be sleeping on the job. I want to tweak his pose a little more to get that across, such as, having his head resting against the spear and having him leaning over a little more on the saddle.

any comments are welcome

I used 3ds max, zbrush

ZBC_THUMB.jpg
[[attach=153572]Viking081709.jpg[/attach]]Viking081709.jpg

[[attach=153573]Viking081709_02.jpg[/attach]]Viking081709_02.jpg

Fantastic image. The Viking looks great and very realistic. I hope you don’t mind me saying that perhaps the horse looks a bit unreal, not lifelike. Having said that it is an images showing your excellent skills.

Keep up the great work.

Paul.

wow awesom work but u most to change this part…

Attachments

Viking081709_02.jpg

thanks guys,

rulix36: I’ll get on that right away. Yeah there are still some areas that I want to tweak, like the reins. I want to zbrush a lot more of him and I was thinking of adding a sword on his back

I’ve been going back and forth between zbrush the horses hair or just using max’s hair.

one of the best works ive seen here… shows LOTS of character and energy.
the hair on the horse looks amazing.

Good work, your excellent at this.

Pretty cool. I think the horse needs a bit of work, but the viking is looking great!

It’s really lovely. A little more work on the hands; and leaning him much more over in the saddle will so much improve the mood. The horse hasn’t been Transposed into its final pose yet, has it?

I don’t believe vikings used stirrups. I’m not saying you should remove them; artistic licence is a great thing!

Cheers,

R

Really nice model…Might I suggest the neck thickness of the horse should be a tad thinner and longer?

Really great details :+1:

I love the whole scene. Great effort.

great work!

I think that you could make a neck of the horse a little bit longer - that should fix its proportions.

Great details on the viking.

Regards.

Really nice work.

very cool… how did you do the hair?

yeah, i think its near perfect. from looking at your past posts, youve come a looong way. i think the deal with the horse is that its head is a little too large in proportion to the rest of the body. and the neck too. but once you get the scale right id say you have it. the muscles are really nice. infact , the feel of the model is really natural. its just the size of the head that throws me off a bit. great work

horse.jpg

Your proportions suck badass, but you’d be a great jeweller, you pay so much attention to the detail that the overall look suffers tremendously. This is a compliment rather, but nothing except detail works here. Hope you’re not discouraged by this, for I for one am very pleased with those details :+1:

Oh, I see you’re from portland, you have a new legend now Mike Byrne :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1: Cheers

great work there… i am looking forward to followups!

maybe you could give him a slightly longer foot… seems just a tiny bit too short :slight_smile:

wow thanks everyone. I was totally losing steam on this guy but with all the comments I’m ready to hit him hard again.

Celes: I used 3ds Max hair modifier.

I’ll work with horse some more on proportions and stuff. I think the “T-pose” is killing it right now. When I get home later today I’ll post some more images.

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

Nice Viking…geart job! :+1: