ZBrushCentral

Special Request For ZScript/Pulgin

I really like using ZBrush 3.1 but sometimes a zscript or plugin created for ZB1.5 and/or ZB2 where really fun to play with. One such zscript/plugin was the terrain wedgitt(not sure of the correct spelling) I would use that zscript/plugin for hours and I found it to be fun.

Can one of the zscript/plugin gurus’ please create one for ZBrush 3.1 - I use a pc but there might be some intrest for a mac version also.

Oh did I say please:D

I found one link to one of the older plugins/scripts here

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showpost.php?p=54375&postcount=1

OK I found the one I was using but does not work in ZBrush 3.1
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showpost.php?p=208077&postcount=1
Terrain Widget Version 1.0 by Digits

Hi SpaceMan,

I think the script is working as it used to. I only redirected and removed some commands and moved the script into the zplugin palette under Terrain Widget, so the base functionality should be there.

The interface does not look pretty right now but that could be changed. I have left the script in its original .txt format so you will have to run it manually at least once before you can move the runtime generated .zsc file into your /Zstartup/Zplugs folder.

The instructions are still as per Digits original post.

Looking through the code I got all teary-eyed seeing all those cute but irritating PenMove commands :cry: Fortunately I felt much better after blasting every single instance of PenMove into space :evil: :lol:

Thanks TV Eyes :sunglasses:

The only thing I can see is that the + and - for rasing or lowing the height of the terrain does not seem to work. I wouldn’t work up a neat interface yet as ZB3.5 might change and it might not work with the ZB3.5

Here’s a first go with it

Attachments

OK I see that the brushes used where the ones in the image here can it be switched to those - I think they will make better terrains or have both sets with out switching

[
]Image1zz.jpg

As far as I could understand the +/- buttons are first to be used after pressing the “Make” button and you have a Plane3D tool with your terrain active. Works fine here to raise or lower the 3D terrain. The script in the zplugin palette could probably benefit from some sections designating what to do step by step.

I did notice that if the Taper switch was enabled the Contour calculations could go on forever. If that happens just press the ESC key to abort the script calculations. You can still press the Make button afterward.

Not going to do much further but this was fun. A wee slice of nostalgia.

The 2.5d brushes remain pretty much the same as they did in ZBbrush 2.0. Just remember to use an alpha with the brush you use.

Also keep Auto Crop enabled, unless you were going to create multiple terrains at the same dimension for the same project.

TV Eyes thanks for helping with this - it is working :+1: - I needed to re-read the Digits instrutions again. And thanks for posting the link to it again