Senior Member Follow User Gallery

That's a very very intelligent decision, Pixologic, 3.5, is gonna be like a test, for the powerful ZB 4 !!! and get some more time to create a perfect ZBrush 4!, that's awesome!!

Well as I was looking forward to zb4 this was really disappointing for me. Although I would have been happy enough if this all was a current download but it is taking the place of zb4. And worse even yet now I will have to wait an entire extra month for 3.5 instead of 4 to be released since I am on a mac.

I love how 3.2 to is allot more stable on the Mac end but since I really have no use for goZ I was anticipating greatly all the new tools promised in zb4.

The fact is that I only sculpt in ZB and have no desire to use any other program or plugin with it. I don't even physically print my stuff so all these new tools that everybody is having fun with I simply couldn't care less for at this time.

I love that they are there; I mean decimation master and goZ are simply awesome tools and I am happy for all those that can make use of them. But it really doesn't matter how awesome they are in my case since I have no use for them. Perhaps if goZ worked for Lightwave I could make use of that at least.

All this announcement does is frustrate, sadden and disappoint me.

GoZ for Mac does not work as advertised yet. There is no way to keep the UV shells merged on export of a model while using GoZ. Each face is broken into a separate UV shell.

Here's to hoping that is fixed in 3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Vancross
    Well as I was looking forward to zb4 this was really disappointing for me. Although I would have been happy enough if this all was a current download but it is taking the place of zb4. And worse even yet now I will have to wait an entire extra month for 3.5 instead of 4 to be released since I am on a mac.

I love how 3.2 to is allot more stable on the Mac end but since I really have no use for goZ I was anticipating greatly all the new tools promised in zb4.

The fact is that I only sculpt in ZB and have no desire to use any other program or plugin with it. I don't even physically print my stuff so all these new tools that everybody is having fun with I simply couldn't care less for at this time.

I love that they are there; I mean decimation master and goZ are simply awesome tools and I am happy for all those that can make use of them. But it really doesn't matter how awesome they are in my case since I have no use for them. Perhaps if goZ worked for Lightwave I could make use of that at least.

All this announcement does is frustrate, sadden and disappoint me.
    your rite i Guess this release is not meant for everybody
    His Judgement Cometh and That Right Soon

Great features! The subtool and hd geometry export sounds really useful.

The Windows version of 3.5 will be released by the end of August, followed by a release of the OSX version in September. Following the release of 3.5, we will continue to refine ZBrush 4 and its features (such as LightBoxand Spotlight) for release in the 4th Quarter of 2009.

I remember Pixologic said it would release concurrent releases of both Mac and PC versions from here on. What Happened?

had a feeling there was going to be an annoucement lol.....just didn't expect 3.5....either way, this update looks promising and it what most people wanted.....here's hoping to a 64bit version

Do what you do best Pixologic,,ie., write magical code......
    take your time..... perfect version 4 and then.... bedaze us all with your magic..

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet./agreed take your time get it slick and solid.
    Ty pixologic!
    Last edited by Dman3d; 07-30-09 at 06:23 PM.
    Dustin
    .:|Sketch Book |:.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Z4 will release sometime during Q4, eh?

You think this has anything to do with the release of Windows 7? I think the retail version releases on October 22. On top of that, it will include both 32bit and 64bit versions of the OS. Maybe our hopes of a 64 bit Z4 can be supported by this fact.

To be honest, when I read the first announcement for Z4 back in April, I was surprised it was being released before Windows 7 because I was thinking Pixologic would've wanted more time to test it out on the new OS. After all, many have said that it will be more readily adopted than Vista.

What do you all think?

Well, finally a concise and simple announcement of some much needed (and anticipated) features with a reasonable release estimate. I'm actually happier with the .5 release, no need to rush ZB 4 to the table. Thanks Pixo.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Art is the gift of the Gods
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.sentientgraphics.com
    www.jaystein.net
    www.facebook.com/jaystein777

HD geometry normal and displacement maps, Unlimited zooming, Poly painting 16 bit... multiple textures...... oh boy.

Surprised you didn't call it zbrush 4 from those features alone. Makes me think you guys have something really special for that.

hate to say it, but i told you so

edit: though i will concede this- anybody with half a brain saw a Z4 delay coming, since every other major release has been pushed back as well, BUT- I am happy to see pixologic meeting us halfway on this. In the past it has been "sorry, tune in later for more details" but at least they're throwing us a bone here. So thanks for that, hopefully this is a new attitude in Pixologic's customer relations that we can expect to see in the future as well.

Perhaps they're finally realizing that, while they're the best game in town- they're not the only game in town.
    Last edited by testure; 07-30-09 at 08:21 PM.

im worried tho about the rivals, pixologic just gave them 6 months or so of develpment to catch up hmmmm
    His Judgement Cometh and That Right Soon

Thank you. This really looks great. I much rather Pix take its time and slowly improve / enhance the existing tools than throw a ton of new features.
    Good job Pix, keep innovating / improving.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234561227 ... LastLast