Senior Member Follow User Gallery

No where near 7 months. I received my email to upgrade my windows license on 11th September. So it will be 4 months on the 11th of January.

Of course I did read that they reckon it would take around 30 days between the release of Zbrush 3.5 for windows and mac according to someone who reported they spoke to the folks at Pixologic. So bearing in mind the holiday season It COULD be any day as 25th November is when I was emailed about Zbrush 3.5 r3.

Who knows. I am just looking forward to it.

Mike

I guess it just seems that long. Let's all just hope it doesn't take 7 months or more. Back to hyper-sleep!(snore)

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sick of checking the support account every day!!!

Where can I find one of those hyper-sleep devices? Or should I consider cryogenics?

I'm hoping they'll knock us out with more amazing developements, this is taking unfairly long...
    Dave Meraggio

Portfolio in progress...

(Yawn)...Is it time?!! What? Oh, expletive!!! Okay, going back to hyper-sleep now... Keep me... posted... snooze...

alien-hypersleep1.jpg.jpeg

Member Follow User Gallery

Default goz tutorials

HI

Somewhere in this thread I did read a reply from support that goz for windows is already functional from within zb3.5r3 Like export in*.ma format with disp settings and texture applied for use in Maya (that's easy). but has it more functionality in the pipeline?
    Are there tutorials or helpfiles somewhere that explain how to make optimal use of this function between Maya and ZB? How is it best used in the pipeline between the two applications. I would like to know all there is to know about this function and what information there is and where I can find it.

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_el.nl
    HI

Somewhere in this thread I did read a reply from support that goz for windows is already functional from within zb3.5r3 Like export in*.ma format with disp settings and texture applied for use in Maya (that's easy). but has it more functionality in the pipeline?
    Are there tutorials or helpfiles somewhere that explain how to make optimal use of this function between Maya and ZB? How is it best used in the pipeline between the two applications. I would like to know all there is to know about this function and what information there is and where I can find it.
    GoZBrush

GoZ is composed of two parts, one is within ZBrush, the other is within the target application. ZBrush 3.5R3 already contains the ZBrush side of GoZ which allows you to...

1. Export/Import the GoZ file format. This is faster, smaller file size, more reliable and contains much more ZBrush data than OBJ format. So whenever you need to export a file with the intention of importing it back to ZBrush, use GoZ.
    2. GoZ introduced a more reliable way of transferring high res details to an imported mesh, even if the imported mesh has new topology. You can already make use of this in R3. Export a low res of your sculpted mesh , import it in another application, modify the topology and import it back into the same ZBrush tool. You'll be asked if you want to transfer the details to the new mesh, click yes and you'll have your high res details (including PolyPaint) transferred to a new mesh.
    3. Import/export templates. Almost any text-file format can be created with the GoZ import/export templates. See the ZStartup ExportImport templates for examples.

To conclude, GoZ in ZBrush 3.5R3 for Windows and 3.2 for MacOSX are fully functional. What will be added in the future is the part that is associated with each target application. In fact, there is already a Maya part that is included in R3. You can export/import .ma files directly. This allows you to export from ZBrush one .ma file which will include any displacement, texture and normal map that you have assigned to the mesh and when you load this into Maya, the shading network will already be set, including displacement scale and offset, so all you need to do is render it.

You export the low res, modify the low res, import back the low res and ZBrush will auto-subdivide and project your sculpted details. Issues with this may be due to a too-small scan distance value. You need to increase the scan distance (try max dist for a test).

Here is how...

1. If you mesh has only one sub tool, temporarily append another.
    2. Now you have the "Project Allist" enabled, set it to Max
    3. Hide or delete the temporary tool.
    4. Test it.

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Aurick, according to what you have written.

Am I to understand that one can export their geometry as the ".goz" file format, and still use it like an ".obj" format in an application like 3ds Max/Maya?

Or in the case of exporting the ".goz" file. Would I need to just rename it to a ".obj" then edit it, export back out of 3ds Max. Then rename it from ".obj > .goz" and re-import into zbrush?

Help me out with this, because the GoZ description you have written doesn't really state a step by step when mentioning the ".goz" file. I would really like to take more advantage of GoZ as it exists.

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMatt
    Aurick, according to what you have written.

Am I to understand that one can export their geometry as the ".goz" file format, and still use it like an ".obj" format in an application like 3ds Max/Maya?

Or in the case of exporting the ".goz" file. Would I need to just rename it to a ".obj" then edit it, export back out of 3ds Max. Then rename it from ".obj > .goz" and re-import into zbrush?

Help me out with this, because the GoZ description you have written doesn't really state a step by step when mentioning the ".goz" file. I would really like to take more advantage of GoZ as it exists.
    No, the .goz format is only for use with GoZBrush. Use the OBJ format, which will permit the functionality described in my previous post.

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Ah sounds good. I thought for a moment there, that there was something more of use when selecting the .goz when exporting the low-resolution mesh

is it possible to use GoZ to Maya with only the geometry, and just the default shader, no mentalray settings etc?.. it would be nice to be able to just send the geometry, since it polutes the Maya scene with MentalRay data, that is obsolete if you render in vray or Maxwell or what not.
    Best regards

Carsten Lind | Element Designer & Sculptor LEGO systems | Twitter

it´s really a pity that goZ for pc users is still not available

ZB 3.5 is not avaible for Mac user and GoZ is not avaible for Win user.

Mac and Win user hope in a new release for both.
    Ciao

\: ^)

--------------------------
    WoL
    --------------------------

ZBrushCentral.it

I can not believe how long this is taking and with no word on whats going on about it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancross
    I can not believe how long this is taking and with no word on whats going on about it either.
    Last edited by Paint Guy; 02-09-10 at 10:11 PM.

Educated guess. They are still working on it and it will be ready when it's ready.

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728 ... LastLast