Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Lunchtime doodles

I've had ZB for over a year and I still pretty much stink at it. Mostly due to not having enough free form practice time.

For now, I'm just tackling stuff I can speed sculpt do during lunch. Here's a half formed doodle of one of these steroid cases who's way too jacked. It represents about 2 hours worth.

base.jpg
    doodle_001.jpg
    doodle_002.jpg
    Animation1.gif

It could be better. I know. I just need to find more time outside of my poly modeling.

Had some more time today. The hands are entirely ZSphered and then mesh inserted. Getting the zspheres working the way I wanted took me longer than the hand itself. Then I forgot to mirror them before sculpting, which led me to reconstructing the subdivisions. A dumb, annoying oops.
    CharacterStrip3.jpg

Got to do a bit more work on this behemoth. From start to current....

The ZSpheres
    zspheres2.jpg
    NOTE: Hands and feet in the body rig are just stump place holders. Also, the body had its height adjusted to about 8-heads tall.

The Polygroups
    basemesh.jpg
    NOTE: The hands and feet were mesh inserted after the body. The stump hands & feet from the body rig were deleted.

The Sculpt
    character_sheet_04.jpg

The Turntable
    zbc_turntable4.gif

I've just been looking to improve my ZBrush with this guy. I've had ZB for about a year and I use ZB everyday, but I don't get to live and breath it as often I'd like. Thus far, I've only scratched the surface. I still pretty much suck at ZB, which is why I'm trying to get better. Most of my work is of the poly-by-poly variety.

I'll do the clothes & retopo him during my lunches this week.