ZBrushCentral

earth elemntal wip

So i got my first tablet ever, and wanted to do something, this is a wip of a model based on a conept from a guy ( IRIRIV on DA ) i work on a mod with. Its some kind of a earth elemental Im already 6 or 7 h in it, the rock really take a lot of time to do ;] I would really appreciateany tips and crits on sculpting rocks ;D
Also im thinking of making a low poly version of this, the design was a bit small, but i really liked it.
Hope you guys like it ;]
[wip 4c.jpg]
[
]Terra_by_IRIRIV 2.jpg

I like it so far, the best part is the design of the creature, the way he’s layed out is creative. Good job, can’t wait to see the finished product :slight_smile:

Wow…this is an amazing sculpt form a great 2d concept! :+1: :+1:

nice work man :slight_smile: :+1:

Yes, VERY unusual and well done. 50.

Maybe this would help? It’s a gnomonology tutorial - SCULPTING A ROCK FACE (WITH ALPHAS)

http://gnomonology.com/tutorial/255

Sweet design I like it!

haha! that’s awesome! love the personality and form of that guy! Rocks look great to me, I like it stylized.
Seen a tutorial over on gnomonology for rocks, if you haven’t seen it check it here

Thanks guys, and thanks for the link to gnomonology, but the tutorial there seems to be all about random shapes and heavy based on alphas, and i wanted to sculpt as much as i can by hand ;] For now im usingkl only the standard brush for rocks and clay for the creatures body, trying to work out a nice workflow for it. I will be adding details with alphas only when i will be 100 happy with all the shapes ;D

Pretty neat, unique design there

A small update on his back part, 90% of the crack made by hand, i modified the slash brush to make a crack brush ;f and the noise came from slapping a concrate photo on it;] Now that i tested it on a smaller part i know that i need to add the noise before sculpting the small details ;]
[wip 5.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘147858’,‘wip%205.jpg’,1,0))

Very nice so far, I am subscribing :+1: cant wait to see more.

Looking like its going to be quite something when done,like the concept.Goodluck…cal:+1:

I’m liking this so far!

hah, after braking and growing back my hand, i can at last finish it ;D heres an update, i dunno about the textures, i need to think about them ;f
[2.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘156597’,‘3.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

3.jpg

The rock work is looking good.Im looking forward to seeing you get working again!cal:)

Congrats for your new hand :smiley:
Great update should be alot of fun to texture it :slight_smile:

Great start, look forward to seeing it develep!